Artificial grass

Royboy

I have got it in my garden, look on Ebay they sell it off cheap after doing dog shows. I got top quality stuff for about £250 for 40sq mtrs, that was 8yrs ago and it still looks good now. Once a year I brush it with a stiff broom, hoover it and re/sand it, and it comes up like new. Easy to lay just a border of 2x2 tanalised wood fill with sand, level it out and lay it like carpet tacking round the edges with clout nails,

Unless it's laid perfectly the sand underneath can go lumpy, the green colouring does fade a bit and transfers to the carpet when wet when dogs come. The edges need pinning down securely or the first decent wind lifts it, and if you do have dogs it can really stink of **** in the summer as not absorbant as grass. If dog has squits you can wash in but the sand brushed in gets disturbed and the chunky bits take months to dissappear.

I wouldn't have it again I've gone back to grass and everything washes, rots or grows out. But if I didn't have dogs then maybe I'd reconsider as it looked good and no maintenance really.

Unless it's laid perfectly the sand underneath can go lumpy, the green colouring does fade a bit and transfers to the carpet when wet when dogs come. The edges need pinning down securely or the first decent wind lifts it, and if you do have dogs it can really stink of p**s in the summer as not absorbant as grass. If dog has squits you can wash in but the sand brushed in gets disturbed and the chunky bits take months to dissappear.

I wouldn't have it again I've gone back to grass and everything washes, rots or grows out. But if I didn't have dogs then maybe I'd reconsider as it looked good and no maintenance really.

If I was to have real turf then how would I keep it looking good with dogs ? My garden is starting to become a bog at the minute ! Can you buy hard wearing grass ??

My parents have some thick stuff with the yellow thatch in it, looks ok.

Jewsons have some samples outside and one is very good and without getting down and feeling it you can't tell, only its not as thick as some so not as good for laying on.

The dogs love the stuff and lay on their backs wriggling around having a good scratch.

Edited by figgy

Maybe I'll just turf it after all. Is that someting I could do my self ? I'm a car mechanic !

I could recomend some grass thats so good you wont care what your garden looks like. If the state of the local herberts is anything to go by, you'll not give a care for washing neither!