Road Kill

Scully

few lads around here give me a call when there`s a deer hit, bit of knife work, throw it in the back of the truck and hope there`s enough space in the freezer!! :innocent:

You should be very wary taking road kill deer as you do not know what has happened to it,,it could have been poisoned and woundered into the road,or it might have been injured and a vet called to put it down,it will then be left on the side of the road for the agencies to pick up and dispose.you run the risk of ingesting harmful and potentially lethal drugs or poison.

Would that be close to Woburn? I believe the Muntjac first escaped from the deer park at the Abbey and they spread outwards from there.

Yeap, I lived in bletchley and had ferreting and shooting permission around woburn way.

I know the story was a gale in the 60's blew a tree over that put a hole in the deer park wall.

12 muntjac escaped and since then have bred to the 35000 or whatever we have wild now a days.

Yes the A5 killed and injured loads, the fields I had shooting permission in had a fence/hedge around and they would get in and once injured couldn't get out, so I would often be putting them down.

You should be very wary taking road kill deer as you do not know what has happened to it,,it could have been poisoned and woundered into the road,or it might have been injured and a vet called to put it down,it will then be left on the side of the road for the agencies to pick up and dispose.you run the risk of ingesting harmful and potentially lethal drugs or poison.

+1. One of the most important things I learned doing my DSC. Only deer taken by lawful means (shot) is to enter the food chain...