what do you do

kiya

Yesterday I smoked the breasts from a pigeon and then made it into a pate with liver butter and shallots and for 2 nights running had stroganoff, but if I have a lot to do I will remove some breasts, mince some, make stock from the carcases. I also have people who appreciate them and I give them a brace or 2.

It`s a VERY long time since I sold any

Being an airgun only man it's nice to get the one!

I tend not to shoot more than I can eat/give away, though in a pest control situation (as opposed to "sporting pest control if you know what i mean!) I would do as above. I have a few contacts that would easily get rid of 40 birds between them!

As above. Pluck and draw some and make stock with them. Use some that day and breast and freeze the rest. Once you take the breasts off, unless you are doing a roasted whole bird, there really isn't a lot that's worth bothering with.

Im signing up for eating them all after my first pigeon shoot on the 30th. The game keeper is setting us up with all the decoys etc and will stay to give some tips. I am going to ask him to show me hoe to breast one in the field but do you guys breast them in the field or at home. Either case what do you do with say 40-50 de-breasted birds?

Also, what type of knife should i take with me for the job, i thought a fillet knife......

Also, what type of knife should i take with me for the job, i thought a fillet knife......

Take whatever knife you feel comftable with. What one person finds good you will hate.

Start off with a medium length folder, something discreet then move on if it doesn't work.

I use a Buck fixed blade for in the field and a Buck folder for keeping in my pocket (Whilst in the field and not in public!) for any oppurtunist moments.

Main thing is make sure it is sharp! :lol:

my wifes hobby is cooking ( yes thats why I am a fat ****!!!) she knocks all sorts of stuff up with pigeon rabbit, venison, pheasant etc etc, today she is setting up to make a couple of game tureens and some pigeon burgers,(I gave her 32 pigeon breasts to play with so should have a bite for my bait at work)

cheers KW

my wifes hobby is cooking ( yes thats why I am a fat ****!!! ) she knocks all sorts of stuff up with pigeon rabbit, venison, pheasant etc etc, today she is setting up to make a couple of game tureens and some pigeon burgers,(I gave her 32 pigeon breasts to play with so should have a bite for my bait at work)

cheers KW

You said it not me dont forget my pie and burgers :lol::/:):P:P:lol:

Either case what do you do with say 40-50 de-breasted birds?

Freeze 'em and use 'em as decoys (in cradles) for the next 40-50 tasty morsels :lol:

And then.....fox bait.

OK what if you want rid of the rest of the bits?:/

I guess they would soon fill my wheelie bin and probably get me in touble. The lads at the tip will probably not take them either.......

:lol: bloody hell can tell me who your game dealer is ,we are getting about 10p from our dealer .

eat the first 20 or so (breasted as above) and the rest off to the game dealer, about £1.20 - £1.50 a carcass frozen.

if this is not a windup then im packing in working for a livin :/