Test drive booked next weekend

fatchap

I'm very close to buying a brand new, Great Wall Steed Tracker pick up truck and basically need someone to talk me out of it. trouble is I cant seem to find fault with them, you get an awful lot of truck for your sheckles, the tracker comes with proper A\T tyres, full leather interior electric everything and all for around 15 large.

I know after the test drive the salesman is gonna give it both barrels and I'll be signing my life away.

I think if you do a search there has been quite a bit said about the great wall steed both good and bad.

My brother in law works as a technician for what use to be a great wall main dealer , his advice was not to touch one with a barge pole , though he did not put it in such polite terms :lol: the garage he works for had so many issues they gave up the great wall dealership.

Having said that there is at least one person on here who had one and thought it was great , so pay your money and take your chance !

If your in doubt simply pull out,there are good and bad reviews with all cars.And for someone who has had a bad one will rave on as if every car produced by that manufacturer is bad.If it's new with a decent warrenty than don't worry,if it's good and doesn't play up then great.If it's pants then get shot once the warrenty runs out,we had this with a brand new Jaguar Stype,loads of problems and the service was disgracefully but always had a courtesy car and just took it to another dealer who had mechanics that knew what they where doing.Then we jumped ship when the warrenty expired.

My mate however has been with Jaguar for over 30 yrs of motoring,gets a new one every 3 years and never had one problem.

In the course of my work,

I've only ever picked one up, It was the same one several times however.

This particular one had the same problem kept reoccurring every three months or so.

I would say given how many of them you see on the road even if they were ( and I am not saying they are ) breaking down on a regular basis you would not come across them that often

I am only 5 miles away from what was a main dealer and very rarely see one.

If there anything like the early TATA pick up.s it,ll spend more time in dealership than on the road. we Sold them from Rover Dealers great for about a month then the swearing n wishing you had,nt bought it kicks in then you find out how much it,s worth once the salesman gets up off the floor from laughing :no: