Enjoyable outing

Joe D

I had decided to go out looking some crows on Saturday, during the week I checked a few fields but there wasn't much about. Although I found 1 drilled field that had some crows down feeding, not many but more than I found anywhere else.

The forecast was terrible chucking it down all day. So i thought i might not bother but then again i don't get out very often with work so decided what the hell. I arrived at the field around 11.00am later than i wanted. I set up with 12 flocked shell crow decoys and 4 pigeon decoys off to the left just in case. I had just sat my butt on the seat and of course 4 crows straight in completely caught me off guard and the one shot i managed to get off missed. Ah well i thought if the come like that for a few hours i will be delighted. But as luck would have it they didn't. But i managed to shoot 12 mixed crows and jackdaws only 9 in the pic as 3 dropped way behind me into thick cover and the most unlucky magpie which if i am honest i was delighted with as i hit him at a ridiculous range using 32 gram 6's.

Soaked to the skin but pretty happy. The wee pup done well too.

crows_zpsx1ukdmzc.jpg