Wheat gluten

Boston

Recently my Springer has come out in sores in his arm pits, after taking him to the vets and having him treated, we found out that the sores are the likely case of a wheat gluten allergy.

When I got back home I looked at his treats, all have wheat in them, I looked at his food, more wheat!

He was raised on raw tripe and we have put him back on to this, which is no hardship but I am worried about his teeth just feeding on soft foods. Can any body suggest a wheat gluten free mixer food that doesn't cost the earth please?

:/

I feed my hound on raw breast of lamb and the free flow mince and vegetables from these people.

http://www.naturesmenu.co.uk/products/frozen/

Apart from being excellent for her, it is also cost effective against the "better" complete foods.

I should also mention that as its "natural" food, she shouldn't have any food allergy problems.

Recently my Springer has come out in sores in his arm pits, after taking him to the vets and having him treated, we found out that the sores are the likely case of a wheat gluten allergy.

When I got back home I looked at his treats, all have wheat in them, I looked at his food, more wheat!

He was raised on raw tripe and we have put him back on to this, which is no hardship but I am worried about his teeth just feeding on soft foods. Can any body suggest a wheat gluten free mixer food that doesn't cost the earth please?

:/

I had a springer pup years ago that caught the Parovirus that was going round, it killed a lot of dogs then, the vet said the only hope after the treatment, if he was to live to any age, was to feed him just plain boiled rice and boiled neck of lamb, he did well on it and made it to 12. It might work for you?

:lol: D2D

Thank you for all your advice, I took him back to the vets again today, his armpits are healing great, I couldn't be more please. But asked her the same question as I have you, as said, I was worried about his teeth and gums just feeding on soft food... simple answer which is so simple I felt like a fool asking in the first place... Raw tripe as he was brought up on and good thick raw cow bones, which he has had from time to time from being a puppy any way :/ Simple

But, again, thanks for the advice on the other feeds as raw tripe can get a bit smelly come the hight of summer :/ Hence why we had changed him to the dry food in the first place :D

:D

Boston,

When I use to feed tripe....we unfortunately have a very hard time getting it now do to Govenment Regulations......Damn Feds :D:/:D .....I always found that if you bought 2 to 6 of them and then brought them home and cubed them up and froze them in single serving size packages all you had to do was pull one from the freezer to the fridge in the morning and it would be ready to feed in the evening. No smell and no mess. :/

NTTF