petrol strimmer help

vampire

I am having problems with my petrol strimmer and wondered if anyone could help.

Its an alpin star and wouldn't start,so I changed the crazed fuel primer bulb and fuel lines,bingo it started and was cutting for 10 minutes then it cut out.

So I thought maybe fuel lines to short so I fitted longer ones,it started and conked out.

Fuel comes up line but has air in it and am thinking this is the problem,but why....it runs till its used fuel in the line then cuts out,why is it not priming properly.

Have also noticed that the bung that lines go through into tank may not be air tight and the fuel cap washer is perished.

Any help would be great as am about to go mad

I am having problems with my petrol strimmer and wondered if anyone could help.

Its an alpin star and wouldn't start,so I changed the crazed fuel primer bulb and fuel lines,bingo it started and was cutting for 10 minutes then it cut out.

So I thought maybe fuel lines to short so I fitted longer ones,it started and conked out.

Fuel comes up line but has air in it and am thinking this is the problem,but why....it runs till its used fuel in the line then cuts out,why is it not priming properly.

Have also noticed that the bung that lines go through into tank may not be air tight and the fuel cap washer is perished.

Any help would be great as am about to go mad

my guess is the pipes on the fuel bulb may be the wrong way round had this problem myself

If its Chinese it will be the Carb itself, you can get them on the bay quite cheap, i had a similar problem with mine, after hours of messing with it stop start i put it on the ground and run the Tractor over it, get a Stihl or Kawasaki you wont lose your rag with it.

Chris

If its Chinese it will be the Carb itself, you can get them on the bay quite cheap, i had a similar problem with mine, after hours of messing with it stop start i put it on the ground and run the Tractor over it, get a Stihl or Kawasaki you wont lose your rag with it.

Chris

How very burnley dave lol.

Thanks for replys,been to it tonight and the primer bulb is full and pumping through fuel and its started and run fine,all I can think is that the grommet that I put the longer fuel lines through into the tank may have been stretched and its shrunk back over night :hmm:

Hope it stays ok .