That was a stressful month....

steveyg

Got made redundant in May along with 25% of the company and was paid up until the end of June so the clock was ticking to get something sorted,having hit the internet and all my Industry contacts I have managed to secure a cracking position with better earning potential and start on the 8th July...result !!

I really feel for the 1,000's that are job seeking,Luckily I work in a niche area and have the relevant experience and contacts and managed to find something quickly however what really frustrated me was the lack of professionalism with some of the recruiters . My phone bill is going to be horrendous,the amount of chasing I have had to do is really unbelievable considering the commission some of them work on .

I am not having a go at recruiters but when you are in a stressful situation you would hope people did what they promised ....

Two weeks off,happy days...time to get the gun out again :good::good::good:

I am pleased to hear that one of the job offers was suitable for you. It must be difficult for companies in these difficult times to come up with your excessive wage demands.

From Sunday 28th I will be in Gloucestershire for a week working. If you would like to meet up let me know.

I am pleased to hear that one of the job offers was suitable for you. It must be difficult for companies in these difficult times to come up with your excessive wage demands.

From Sunday 28th I will be in Gloucestershire for a week working. If you would like to meet up let me know.

I am worth every penny... :lol: catch up would be good,speak soon.. :good:

Good luck Steve in your new venture. And with two weeks off the hundred is on the cards , there must be some downed barley close by ???

Cheers P.C .. Hope you have your feet up with a cold beer

out three days next week,I will be happy with 10.. :lol:

I had that few years ago. Got made redundant, I was on a 3 month notice. Phoned around and did interviews for 1 months, got offered a job, then had 2 months off doing what I wanted! Started my new job the following day my notice period finished! That was a great summer! Now I'm in a company that respects and promotes me. Much better off now! Less stress and more pay!

I am glad it happened, but a nightmare to begin with.

Steve

I got made redundant 2 years ago next month, I was out of work for nearly 3 months but I set up on my own and I haven't looked back since I was getting married in the same year aswell so it was very stressful and hard to cope. All the best in the new job pal :good: