shooting woodies

mahmood

Hi,

With a FAC airgun you can easy take heartshots too. With my airgun .25 56fpe shooting Bisley Pest Control pellets, the woodies go straight down (very dead). Sometimes I shoot one BIG lethal hole through the chest of them (double size of .25) also making them drop dead instantly. This case of a hole right through the birds punctures the theory that a pellet should stop within a quarry to get a clean kill. This case shows it is more about ripping tissue and veins over to get a clean kill, no "dumping of energy effect".

Never shoot a woodpigeon from straight on in the center of the chest - you don´t have the power to penetrate the breastbone and the crop behind it. To do this, you need a least a high power rimfire or even more firepower !

Cheers - BOLTA

c.o.m. shots are a peice of cake at 15-20 yards if you look at the wing where it curves on the body if you aim just a little to the left or right (Depending on how the woodie is facing ie if its left side on then aim the right side of the curve) of the curve to avoid the bone of the wing you will get a lung heart shot that will drop him like a brick

Hi again,

I agree with you Gamebag. A sideshot to the heart/lung area make them go down. Especially with a FAC airgun. I remember the first woodie I shot was with a sideshot to the heart/lung and WOW it went straight down. I have also taken woodies with almost straight front to me and placed the pellet in the side closest to me (angle of 10-15 degrees) shooting around the large breastbone and into the heart area. So they can be taken from almost any angle you choose if you have FAC airgun, but never straight on in the center of the chest.

Cheers - BOLTA

I find if you really want the pigeons aim for the most easiest part on the pigeons body, the wing, i shoot the wing most times if they are far away because you can never normally miss, then just chase them because the cant really run fast then ring there neck.

Are you for real? How about I shoot you in the balls then run after you and ring your neck.........You ******* moron <_<

Hi,

With a FAC airgun you can easy take heartshots too. With my airgun .25 56fpe shooting Bisley Pest Control pellets, the woodies go straight down (very dead). Sometimes I shoot one BIG lethal hole through the chest of them (double size of .25) also making them drop dead instantly. This case of a hole right through the birds punctures the theory that a pellet should stop within a quarry to get a clean kill. This case shows it is more about ripping tissue and veins over to get a clean kill, no "dumping of energy effect".

Never shoot a woodpigeon from straight on in the center of the chest - you don´t have the power to penetrate the breastbone and the crop behind it. To do this, you need a least a high power rimfire or even more firepower !

Cheers - BOLTA

Maybe a M16 or an Uzi

Mahmood...... Neck up every time at 15 to 20 yards. Beyond that I would still aim for the same area....... Dont be tempted to aim at any other area beyond this as these birds are pretty tough and I wouldnt be confident of a clean kill on any more than 2 out of 10 birds. Lets face it we can all hit a bird at 35 with an average set up but thats not the issue. I cant beleive some of the previous comments sound like some of these guys are mentally challenged. The word Philistine comes to mind......... FM

Hi FM,

I don´t know if I am one of these guys you mentioned. But I have not exaggerated ANY of this stuff I have wrote earlier. I keep to the truth, nothing but the plain truth.

I just give my experience to you, so you can learn of it. Yes, I have a very powerful airgun - I know that !!!

And again, if you have a powerful FAC airgun you can take woodies from almost any angle you like - but not straight on in center of the chest. You will probably need a least around 100fpe and a heavy weight pellet/slug to do this.

THIS IS THE TRUTH, mate.

And by the way, I take nearly every woodie I pull the trigger at and they are stone-dead before they hit the ground. Not just 2 out of 10 birds here !!!

That is only for beginners, mate.

Cheers - BOLTA

Hi red_stag88,

Yeah, you can try it if you like - but be sure to return to me with a sad smile on your face to tell me that I am right !!!

My 56fpe airgun can´t do it and so can yours not !!! You will never have the power to penetrate that breastbone of the woodies. You will need a rimfire to do this. And I mean in the center of the chest from straight front, not from any other angles.

Cheers - BOLTA

Hi mark@cssd,

If you think I need to moderate my style and tone, I will do that if that helps anyone. That is no problem for me.

But I don´t liked to be attacked by any who is thinking I am here just to tell lies. What I tell is only the truth of what I have experienced - thats all.

Cheers - BOLTA