land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well got the rubber bung in today, took some doing that did i can tell you, nearly sliced myself open 23 times :lol:

also got one of the foot plates in, other one will have to wait till i get some more fixings :good::good:

If you have to do it again, just a smear of fairy liquid will ease things, or you could go for a full on lubricant :lol::lol:

well i just got half way through putting the rear window retainers in and broke the ******* drill bit again, i only bought 2 new 3mm bits a week ago, and x2 3.5mm and x2 4mm bits.

got half way through drilling the holes and snap, its this common with small drill bits,are they just **** or am i just a ham fisted brute, :no::no:

Do you have a grindstone and can you cut new cutting edges on the broken drills - with the added advantage that shorter drills break less easily.

Otherwise it's a matter of buying the best quality drill-bits that you can afford and treating them gently.

sound to complicated for me that mate, i bought some dorma ones as they were supposed to be good, i think as Gordon said, thin drill bits just snap, especially in my hands, i dont really do gentle :lol: the last couple of small ones have just been from the local hardware shop so i dont suppose they were any good,

well i just got half way through putting the rear window retainers in and broke the ******* drill bit again, i only bought 2 new 3mm bits a week ago, and x2 3.5mm and x2 4mm bits.

got half way through drilling the holes and snap, its this common with small drill bits,are they just **** or am i just a ham fisted brute, :no::no:

ham fisted there big drill bits try 0.5mm there small ask the lasd who drill shot drippers :good::lol: