WHAT AIR RIFLE AND WHY

evo

Right. I'll answer these in order.

1/ To Felly100,,, to die a death means that the subject has been closed,,,exhausted,,,nobybody has anymore to say. It does not matter as to how many pages have previously been wrote. When this post first came up I was glad as the writings and the pictures were great. I just hoped it would continue much longer as there were plenty more people on this wedsite.

2/ To Turbo33,,, not worth answering.

3/ To Evo,,, I've read most of your post on here and realy enjoyed them. When this post first came up I was glad to see it as I thought it would produce some very good replies. Yes they were good but I thought there would be lots more so I was a bit dissapointed at the lack of contributions to your post. I have looked at your list of rifles and very impressive it is too. You do seem very clued up regarding this sport and I can only hope that you keep on putting more comments and suchlike on here. I never mentioned money but I can only agree with you about how expensive things are getting and as you say, each to their own. My comments are not having a go at you but only trying to say that I wanted more of your thoughts on your new rifle.

I have BSA,Weihrauch, Fei(******, cant remember how to spell it) sport 124, and enjoy them all even though some can be very hard and tempremental to get to grips with. I no longer have to work and have unlimited access to a huge shed where I can shoot at 30m targets so if you or anybody in the area would like to have a go, come on down.

Keep on putting up your posts and I hope you keep enjoying your whatever you like rifle.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. I'll answer these in order.

1/ To Felly100,,, to die a death means that the subject has been closed,,,exhausted,,,nobybody has anymore to say. It does not matter as to how many pages have previously been wrote. When this post first came up I was glad as the writings and the pictures were great. I just hoped it would continue much longer as there were plenty more people on this wedsite.

2/ To Turbo33,,, not worth answering.

3/ To Evo,,, I've read most of your post on here and realy enjoyed them. When this post first came up I was glad to see it as I thought it would produce some very good replies. Yes they were good but I thought there would be lots more so I was a bit dissapointed at the lack of contributions to your post. I have looked at your list of rifles and very impressive it is too. You do seem very clued up regarding this sport and I can only hope that you keep on putting more comments and suchlike on here. I never mentioned money but I can only agree with you about how expensive things are getting and as you say, each to their own. My comments are not having a go at you but only trying to say that I wanted more of your thoughts on your new rifle.

I have BSA,Weihrauch, Fei(******, cant remember how to spell it) sport 124, and enjoy them all even though some can be very hard and tempremental to get to grips with. I no longer have to work and have unlimited access to a huge shed where I can shoot at 30m targets so if you or anybody in the area would like to have a go, come on down.

Keep on putting up your posts and I hope you keep enjoying your whatever you like rifle.

How can we come on down? We don't know where you live :lol:

No location so no visitors!

Things are not always so expensive as you make out though Greg. Recently there have been new developments in the lower priced end of the market, the SMK PCP rifles, Gamo Coyote and the Walther RM8 (air powered Air Magnum). The RM8 is a nice enough rifle, not owned a Gamo or one of the SMK PCPs. Evo knows that my budget heart belongs to Hatsan, I like the triggers, I do like the Galatian a lot and you can pick up a Galatian 4 carbine or rifle for under £300 from Kirklees, quick fill, 2 magazines, iron sights on the rifle or silencer built in if the carbine, add to that 3 accessory rails at the front of the synthetic stock, hard case (though fitting a wide objective scope in is a damned tight squeeze) as well as a sling and you realise you do get a lot of gun for £299!

OK so it is not quite as polished or as stylish as a Daystate (I own a mk 3 and have owned an X2), but it is a reliable gun that does drop vermin...

Edited by secretagentmole

Greg, remove your telephone number mate as anyone can read this thread,, even the anti,s bud and you don't want them ringing you up at all hours heavy breathing down the phone lol,,

thanks for the reply , as soon as I get the rifle back I will do a full report on it and let you know how its going, I,ll also do a review on the s410 .22 which I have just stripped and rebuilt ,

cheers Evo

For your eyes only, greg52, evo,s affair with Daystate is easy to understand if you take a quick look on Ancestry.com- parents names; Bella Emburg & Tony Belas- if you ever get to meet him you will know just where he gets his looks from-he gets his love of Air Rifles from the other one :innocent:

how dare you speak about my parents like that :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

beat me too it turbo to remove number

"Is it the one....." OMG evo-How can you act so innocent when you have the number on your friends and family tariff?. For the inquisitive few-I offer a 1 hour service for £30-Wine ,Dinner and a short demo in the correct use of fragrant oils before we retire into a dimly lit room where we strip.............................down a Daystate and have a good time trying put the thing together with less care than the manufacturer does-and it's not easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Was at Valley Arms yesterday .. had some nice pcp's on display, plus some interesting shotgun's.

Had a shoulder of a couple of pcp's and one stood out a mile in my minds eye .. HW 100 carbine.

I thought no, leave it .. just sort out the business l had gone there to do in the first place. Though l was dearly tempted.

Was a well stocked gunshop .. impressed!

Was at Valley Arms yesterday .. had some nice pcp's on display, plus some interesting shotgun's.

Had a shoulder of a couple of pcp's and one stood out a mile in my minds eye .. HW 100 carbine.

I thought no, leave it .. just sort out the business l had gone there to do in the first place. Though l was dearly tempted.

Was a well stocked gunshop .. impressed!

its a superb shop pete and all the guys in there are very helpful,, must say mate did you shoulder the steyr , the all black one ?

I,m about to order one mate for the FT comps , also just ordering a HFT platinum stock ,fully adjustable off Gary cane, stunning stock and its for the Air ranger to sit into, cant spend anymore dosh or I,ll have to remortgage the house lol

this is the stock I,m after pete

new%20stock_zpsho4atwmw.jpg

and here is that steyr I,m after bud

Steyr%20LG110%202014_zpsrhmuhs8t.jpg

Edited by evo

Could anyone help me here. I can't seem to find anything online to help me. I got my FAC ☺ 5 months and 3weeks ago. I aquired for a 12 gauge and a hatsan .22. I failed on my land i had down to shoot on. Due to the small size and high population. I could only join a clay pigeon shooting club. They allow shotguns but not .22's. They only allow .22 if in actual gun club. I have not been given my rifle, even though I paid for it. Do i have to wait a year or something first, then am I awarded it? In showing good behaviour. Please anyone?

Could anyone help me here. I can't seem to find anything online to help me. I got my FAC ☺ 5 months and 3weeks ago. I aquired for a 12 gauge and a hatsan .22. I failed on my land i had down to shoot on. Due to the small size and high population. I could only join a clay pigeon shooting club. They allow shotguns but not .22's. They only allow .22 if in actual gun club. I have not been given my rifle, even though I paid for it. Do i have to wait a year or something first, then am I awarded it? In showing good behaviour. Please anyone?

It might be best to put this in a new thread, that way people who might be able to help but aren't interested in a thread entitled 'What air rifle and why' will see it. It also stops this one getting off topic!

I thought the Steyr was part of a Zimmer frame ...

l'd consider part chopping the Ultra for a HW 100 carbine if l shot more. Miss getting out on the bunnies & rats ...

Work is well overrated mate !!

tell me about it, by the time I finish work I,ll need a zimmer frame kid

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite air rifle was my daystate air wolf with a air max 30 sight. It was hard NOT to put pellet on top of pellet when just plinking and added to the fact it looked awesome

what airwolf was it ???

mct,, mvt or the cdt ???

they certainly are a superb rifle and very well built,,, any pics ?

just for those of you wishing to pick a decent rifle be it pcp or springer, here is a superb website that shows all the results for the world championships 2015

one interesting thing is the rifles used and also the pellets, UD will be upset that a springer did not finish in the top 60 considering they are as accurate as a pcp :lol::lol: :lol: , merry Christmas UD and all the best for the new year,

have a look at the website , it really is a cracking read but one thing that stands out is JSB pellets certainly rule the roost

https://airgunaccuracy.wordpress.com...championships/

• 5 weeks later...

well chaps, had a run round today with Golfshot (roger) looking to buy myself a NEW PCP and wanting to buy a rifle that would perform well in HFT and also something I could use for hunting ,

I have spent the last month wondering which rifle I should get having a shoulder of a few, shooting a few and today my mind was finally made up,

I have just bought this little beauty NEW , it comes with 2 x 10 shot mags ,has an adjustable stock, but the thing that impressed me was it comes with a 12 month air arms warranty THEN a full parts and labour warranty for life as long as I own it, now that was impressive,

well please be seated as you are all about to be shocked again because its NOT a Daystate,

ladies and gentlemen,,,, I name this new rifle ,,,,,,,, UNDERDOG,,,,,,,,,,

006_zpswddze5kv.jpg

004_zpstn4cigxz.jpg

I,m really looking forward to getting to grips with this in a hunting scenario

atb Evo

just for those of you wishing to pick a decent rifle be it pcp or springer, here is a superb website that shows all the results for the world championships 2015

one interesting thing is the rifles used and also the pellets, UD will be upset that a springer did not finish in the top 60 considering they are as accurate as a pcp :lol::lol: :lol: , merry Christmas UD and all the best for the new year,

have a look at the website , it really is a cracking read but one thing that stands out is JSB pellets certainly rule the roost

https://airgunaccuracy.wordpress.com...championships/

Interesting, but probably fair to point out that almost all of the PCPs are very much more expensive than the springers and designed as target rifles. I'd like to see a shotstring of a decent springer and a comparable PCP side by side, I think the springer could surprise you.