Acorns,what's the record?

HIDENSEEK

I shot a pigeon the other day flighting that split its crop on hitting the ground. I've often found a number of acorns in the crops, this one had 13. How do they manage to digest such an amount of green acorns, and what's the most you've found in the crops? Most of the birds in my area are sitting in the trees stuffing themselves!

I shot a pigeon the other day flighting that split its crop on hitting the ground. I've often found a number of acorns in the crops, this one had 13. How do they manage to digest such an amount of green acorns, and what's the most you've found in the crops? Most of the birds in my area are sitting in the trees stuffing themselves!

When I was reading the post headline a figure of 13 sprang into mind so that ties in with what you have counted. The amount of stuff >> rape, clover or acorns in a pigeons crop is surprising in the quantity. I've had them where when they come down the crop has burst and others where the skin is so stretched that it is almost see through.

Edit. The trees down here are loaded and the acorns are super big, like grapes.

Edited by fortune