Tuna...Radio Norfolk

ditchman

A nice surprise....just heard on radio Norfolk that a norfolk inshore netter is starting to net one or 2 Tuna....................first time in 40years !!

correct me if im wrong but some of the record size Tuna were gamefished off Whitby in the 1920's-30-40's..............then they all disappeared...

christ that would be something.....................by gum lass im orf tet watta for tet marlin meduuc....see thee lata........truble at mill....and all that....................wheres your hubby mary ?....ohh he's just gone off for a spot of marlin fishing told him not to forget to take his maggots

Beats the florida keys anyday !! :lol:

Edited by ditchman

I seemed to remember a British record of 851lb caught be a Mr Mitchell-Henry being caught off Scarborough, just checked and I was spot on. An inshore netter caught 4-5 at 6-7lb off Chesil Beach last year.

why are they returning ?...is it because of the no fishing zones we have set up ...............

Herring stocks disappearing we're given as reason for disappearance. A fisherman friend based in Southwold (Suffolk) regularly gets into big shoals of herring but aside from smoking for kippers they have little value today as the public just don't want them or more to the point don't know what to do with them. Perhaps this is why tuna etc returning? Also a very interesting article in the Times last week reported increased CO2 levels having a beneficial impact on crops and marine life including fish stocks. Also Icelandic cod stock have recovered and Antartic ice increased by 115 billion tons last year - add this lot up and maybe VW were really doing a lot of good!!! Heh perhaps the world in healing itself?

I seemed to remember a British record of 851lb caught be a Mr Mitchell-Henry being caught off Scarborough, just checked and I was spot on. An inshore netter caught 4-5 at 6-7lb off Chesil Beach last year.

I am sure that 'Michael from North Yorkshire' will have caught a bigger one.