Reaction to terrorist attacks

keg

They have talked about it in their magazine, which is also called Dabiq, and in any number of their other publications and videos.

This is worth a read too and touches on the theological and scripture-based (or at least their interpretations of them) motivations:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

A good if slightly flawed article as the writer has not been too critical in his assessment of what he has been told by various sources and has not, as far as I can see, sought other sources which may have given a different view of their ideology/dogma. The idea of having Dabiq and the other forms of media is to recruit and I believe that it is only to line the pockets of a few. The way they have been going about this war is similar to the clean slate/Chicago boys style of economics. In its basic form it is like starting from scratch after a disaster or war and moving fast to take control. Think of Pinochet/southern cone (war and civil unrest) or Sri Lanka/New Orleans (natural disasters). After each of these corporations or armies took total control of the situation. They moved fast and were brutal in the way they totally cleaned up. (cf - The Shock Doctrine, Klein N. 2007)

In the case of ISIS they want a clean slate to impose their dogma on a land as the land is what they do not have, for the west, we want a blank slate to exploit the resources of that land. In Syrias case there is not lot until it is repopulated, then it has a people to buy sell etc, however ISIS need to clean the slate first, that way the west is seen as just getting rid of the oppressor. If they could do it without removing the heads of ISIS then they would as they need some head to run the country. We saw this in Iraq but they fouled that one up.

I also asked why their God was so inclined as to cause such deaths and suffering to order from his own predictions, why not just gift them the earth 3000 years ago and save on all the killings of innocent Christians/Muslims/Hindus/etc, I asked whether they could not see that was closer to what Evil would do than a pious God ?!

The answer was brief, they were happy with my summation. In other words they couldn't care enough to look for the ludicrous flaws and preposterous conceit in it all, they just accepted that their God was good to them and evil to all others.

(Although there is a rule about this, this was started and has been left here by the mods, so fair game for a reply IMHO)

They had a flawed theology and no idea of theodicy, so not the best people to talk to. Your above quote is also flawed, PM me so as to not clog up a fairly good thread.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off topic here, but just watched a report on the news showing a suspect being arrested in a Paris courtyard.

Strange thing was the arresting officer was shouting instructions to the bad guy in a clear English accent.

Something along the lines of 'Stand still...turn round...show me your back'

Have we got British security personnel helping out over there?

Slightly off topic here, but just watched a report on the news showing a suspect being arrested in a Paris courtyard.

Strange thing was the arresting officer was shouting instructions to the bad guy in a clear English accent.

I saw that too; also a British Police dog has been killed in the raids in Paris today.

I saw that too; also a British Police dog has been killed in the raids in Paris today.

Which would indicate that the suspect was not a French national, so either a Brit or maybe from the ME, where many speak English?... Strange. :hmm:

I didn't realise the dog was a Brit too. :unhappy:

Served with Greater Manchester Police .

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/18/diesel-french-police-dog-dies-st-denis-siege

I don't think that is a British accent!