sad times mans best friend

jessy-the-dog

feel for ya bud, just remember all the good times you had together and the funny times as well, but most importantly remember the love you both gave each other,

she certainly sounded a very special friend and dog,

thought are with you and yours mate

best wishes

Evo

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I've been there 3 times and my loony springer is 13 so I have this to go through again in the near future. They are all still in my heart and I loved them all like children. When the inevitable comes I just don't know how it will affect me. Reading that poem was a real heart breaker. Time does help but they remain. How people are cruel and thoughtless to dogs is beyond me. Perhaps this next year I may start to look for the next loony so that when the inevitable comes then I will have a best mate to carry on with.

We had a rescue Lab called Meg. We had her for 6 years. It quickly became apparent why she was sent to the NCDL as the Vet bills mounted to the tune of around £4000. But I never begrudged her a penny. I would have sold my soul for that dog.

I have never cried at any funeral I have been to, i Didn't cry at the birth of either of my children in fact I cant remember the last time I did cry. I just don't tend to display emotion at all.

When the day came to have her put to sleep, I knew the time was right and knew 100% I was doing the right thing, Family said good bye and off to the vets we went. From the moment I entered the treatment room I bawled my eyes out. I not talking a bit of a sniffle, i'm talking bone shaking sobs. I was heart broken. An hour or so later the vet had to let me out of the side door as I was still in pieces.

They bring so much joy to your life and Its so difficult to say that final goodbye. I really feel for you.

Best Wishes

It's heartbreaking to lose a little furry family member, Mrs cabbie and I were ruined for days, and still cry a year and a half on, but my pal who is also my vet, said you'll not be whole til you give a loving home to another dog, and he was spot-on. Not a replacement, just a new pal to help fill the hole in your life.

You've our condolences, sorry for your loss, hope you can find another friend to love.

fortune posted "they are still in his heart and were loved like children"which is true of many of us who have lost our four legged pals and I think that's why it hurts so much when the time comes but in time the pain eases I am nearly 60 and there are times when I think back about the dogs that I have had a tear will roll down my cheek and then I think of all the good times had with them and feel better almost straight away all that fun and loyalty for the price of a good meal a warm bed and a lot of love that's one hell of a good deal methinks jessie your little dog looks so happy in the photo which to me is a mark of a good owner you did right by her

Lost our 16 yr old springer Amber two yrs ago and still think about her, great Wildfowling dog, think she missed less ducks than fingers on one hand over her whole life, would swim through waves and still have the duck!

Jessy would have known you loved her, they know more than we give them credit for. remember the good times and get another dog as soon as you feel upto it.

ATB

Flycoy

Mate, you gave her a loving caring home, she had a great life with you and slipped away happy. It does hurt and so it should, it will get easier with time but you will never forget her. Do not try to block out the hurt and have plenty of tissues ready, if you are anything like me you will be needing them.

+1 She had a great time with you after being rescued, you can't do more than that for a pet.

I'm helping my 10 yr old through the loss of her first pet. Only a cat, died today, she is in bits. Was a rescue cat as well.

PW are not a bad bunch when we it comes down to it, just a pity we are so spread out . Would have to be a big pub to accomodate a full meeting though.

Catton Park Pigeon Watch rifle shooting and camping weekend is a must for those who want to meet PW members. Super weekend.

thank you for you kind remarks,i have just come home and shes not here to greet me,the pain is unreal

Sorry for your loss,I know just how you're feeling.We lost both our dogs in sept 10 days apart,they both had a run in with mamory cancer although 2 different strains.

My gsd/doberman x had her mamory glands removed and the cancer didn't return...at least not in that area,t'other one (collie x retriever) had a more aggresive cancer which returned within a year,she had another op but it came back with a vengence within 5 months and although she wasn't in pain the tumours were bursting becoming ulcerated so on a tuesday we took her for her last car journey.

My dog was at the vet the day before as I'd noticed her breathing at rest was very fast,at first we thought it maybe a heart problem but couldn't be sure,she had a slight water infection so was treated for that.

The following monday back at the vets for a blood test,got the results the next day and the cancer was back but as in leukemia,the vet did say after her op that her cancer although a medium aggresive type probably would return but in the lungs.......she passed away at home in my arms the following sunday,couldn't believe how fast she went down hill.She was such a clean dog that she was still trying to walk outside to have a pee that sunday evening but couldn't walk more than 6 steps,I had to carry her up and back.

We did call the vet but she'd passed away before she got there.

I wasn't going to get another dog after those two,at least not straight away but after having a dog in the house for 21 yrs (got my gsd x the day after my previous dog passed away) coming home to an empty house was unbearable and was something I just couldn't cope with after a week.

We were looking for a dog to replace megan (collie x) as we thought my gsd x would be lonely on her own not knowing at that time we were going to lose both of them.Chance would have it that I'd spotted a doberman x welsh collie in carmarthanshire when looking for a dog to keep mine company but being so far away I didn't bother to ring,anyway on the off chance that they may still have some pups left I got in touch,this had been about 4 weeks since I spotted the pups and luck would have it they still had 2 females left,so a 400 mile round trip and we now have a new very clever doberman x welsh collie who's mothers name just happend to be 'sheba'....which is what my last 3 dogs have all been called (sad I know but it's another story)

I thought I'd never get over losing megan and sheba and tbh it still bloody hurts now but sheba the 4th is helping to heal 3 broken hearts and in time things will be less painful.

I hope at some point you to will find another dog to help heal your pain.

i cant get used to her not been in the house with us, you are looking for her you forget you are programed they are always there,the love that little girl had you cant put into words always pleased to have you home,and when it was time for walkies she went wild,i hope the pain will get better and i am pleased you have got new found friends i cant think about that yet !

It's not easy I know,after my first dog passed away I didn't want another dog and it was some months before I did get another,in fact I got a bloody cat after the first one just to occupy my mind and I'm not a cat person.

But after 6 months I did decide to get another dog and called her 'sadie'....unfortunately it kept coming out as 'shadie or shaba' everytime I called her,hence I decided to call her 'sheba' after my first dog and strangely enough it was comforting to hear that name again after calling it for 13+years.

Now sheba the 2nd was getting on abit and I was looking for another pup and had found one in northampshire a couple of days before sheba 2nd suddenly took very ill with a pancreas infection...sadly her age was against her and she passed away.But I had already paid for the new pup and was 'talked' into going through with it by the wife...and after a week I was glad I did....sheba the 3rd was here,I had 81/2 wonderful years with her and my heart still aches now but it's getting easier with time.

I am a right soft muppet when it comes to dogs.

I hope your pain eases soon.