West Mercia SGC renewal

ironduke

Anybody in the system?

My current certificate is up today but still no word. Have emailed asking for a S7 and will keep chasing on the phone. My cheque was banked within days but I have heard nothing from them and neither has my referee. It's now pushing 2 months since I got the paperwork away.

That does surprise me, West Mercia have been really good of late. At least with me they have, regarding variations...

Personally, I'd be sending emails pointing out that THEY are causing you to breech your conditions, and you need a S7 now! Or you'll be making a complaint to the Chief Constable. Also save all the emails and any responses, both on your computer, and paper copies. Also time, date and take notes and details of telephone conversations you have with them. And get the person's name. They'll generally only give a surname or first name. I believe they are only available for calls until late morning, (ish). Good luck though! And keep us posted. :good:

Edited by jam1e

That does surprise me, West Mercia have been really good of late. At least with me they have, regarding variations...

Personally, I'd be sending emails pointing out that THEY are causing you to breech your conditions, and you need a S7 now! Or you'll be making a complaint to the Chief Constable. Also save all the emails and any responses, both on your computer, and paper copies. Also time, date and take notes and details of telephone conversations you have with them. And get the person's name. They'll generally only give a surname or first name. I believe they are only available for calls until late morning, (ish). Good luck though! And keep us posted. :good:

Yep, will be on the phone at 0900! (only take calls between 09-midday) I have already emailed them politely stating the situation and asking for an S7..... we shall see!

The annoying thing is, if they make me lodge my guns it'll have to be with an RFD (££££) as none of my mates with certs have the space for my 6 guns.

Spoke to somebody!

Basically said my application (renewal) is 2 months in the queue before it's even going to be looked at, then 8 weeks once it gets started on.....

Bizarrely the woman asked if I'd like to use my guns?!? Erm yes please....? So she said she'll pull my forms out on monday and get it turned around ASAP, hopefully within 10 days.

The interesting thing is that she said as my app is in the system I'm not in unlawful possession, as long as I don't take the guns out of the safe (got her name and noted convo)

She said if my renewal isnt through in 10 days then they will issue an S7.....

Ten day wait it is....

Edited by ironduke

slightly off topic but a fac holder friend who is a member of basc was told by basc you dont need to send in the actual fac/ticket a photo copy is ok

so you can still buy ammo etc but if its out of date it needs sorting, i know they are under staffed and have loads of waiting holders and it can feel like a pain

but hold in there and dont ring to often or they will put you at the back of the pile

Spoke to somebody!

Basically said my application (renewal) is 2 months in the queue before it's even going to be looked at, then 8 weeks once it gets started on.....

Bizarrely the woman asked if I'd like to use my guns?!? Erm yes please....? So she said she'll pull my forms out on monday and get it turned around ASAP, hopefully within 10 days.

The interesting thing is that she said as my app is in the system I'm not in unlawful possession, as long as I don't take the guns out of the safe (got her name and noted convo)

Ten day wait it is....

Whatever you do ......... Don't hold your breath, you will NOT get your new 5 yr licence in 10 days. If you do, I wear blue suade shoes and answer to Elvis.

You may need 2 lots of a S7......

Whatever you do ......... Don't hold your breath, you will NOT get your new 5 yr licence in 10 days. If you do, I wear blue suade shoes and answer to Elvis.

I can't say I've got my hopes up!

Would like an S7 pronto though so I can actually use my guns over Xmas!

Spoke to somebody!

Ten day wait it is....

As another person has pointed out, the Firearms Act would disagree with the lady in question if it came to a courtroom.

As of now, you are in possession of firearms without a certificate. They need to issue an S.7 immediately, or you need to lodge your guns (and any rifle ammunition) somewhere that you do not have access to.

As another person has pointed out, the Firearms Act would disagree with the lady in question if it came to a courtroom.

As of now, you are in possession of firearms without a certificate. They need to issue an S.7 immediately, or you need to lodge your guns (and any rifle ammunition) somewhere that you do not have access to.

Fills you with confidence that the person you talk to at the POLICE don't seem to know the law then. Back on the phone monday.

How do I stand then in this situation.... Guns in the car on the way to lodge with RFD and get pulled. How's that play out? Or do I have to get them collected?

Fills you with confidence that the person you talk to at the POLICE don't seem to know the law then. Back on the phone monday.

How do I stand then in this situation.... Guns in the car on the way to lodge with RFD and get pulled. How's that play out? Or do I have to get them collected?

You will be in the hands of the coppers who pull you over, if they are up-to=speed with the law, understand their difficulties in Malvern with processing applications and like the look of you... or otherwise. The the next question is Ammo as even with a S7 you will not be able to hold expanding ammo legally, so it becomes an opinion of whomever gave you a tug as to how far they take it.

Next question is if is another force that give you the tug ............... :/

An S7 allows you to keep the guns rather than pay an RFD, you will be fine with solid ammo but not expanding as ammo is NOT any part of an S7 and there will be no conditions on it.

It is all very messy. You are not 100% fine until you have your full certificates issued/in-your-hands.

You may wish to join a shooting organisation if you have not already. Insurance is good.

New cert arrived Saturday. That's 5 working days after my chaser phonecall. Can't really knock that!