Planning your funeral ?

malkiserow

yeah that is straight up .....the area is a slight rise in the ground between two small oak woods................this will make you larf ...im quite looking forward to it.........i want everyone to have a few beers and a larf and keep warm by the fire and to keep me company whilst i go off ...sort of a saxon thing i guess...

That is brilliant. I really like the idea, so much so I've looked up whether it is legal - and it is if you remove the deceased's fillings!

I remember seeing the burning ghats in Varanasi and how amazing that was.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I will be dead I will not care,but have told the wife do it cheap no point in spending a load of money on a coffin only to bury it.

I do like the idea of a cardboard coffin and buried in a nice wood ,or simply being cremated and ashes scattered on one of my permissions overlooking the sea.

Hopefully I will not need any of these to come into effect for a long time to come I'm only a youngster :)

no point in spending a load of money on a coffin only to bury it.

I do like the idea of a cardboard coffin

When organising my mother's funeral I noticed that all the "economy" coffins offered (pine, wicker & cardboard) were the same, not cheap, price.

I also question, at cremations, how many of the "brass" fittings or even the coffin itself make it into the flames or are "recycled"?

When organising my mother's funeral I noticed that all the "economy" coffins offered (pine, wicker & cardboard) were the same, not cheap, price.

I also question, at cremations, how many of the "brass" fittings or even the coffin itself make it into the flames or are "recycled"?

If it's genuine brass, then they get removed. Not sure if they would be re-used again though. The coffin does go in.