Planning your funeral ?

malkiserow

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its planned as in my family knows what my wishes are , which in my case means no service , straight to the crem , ashes scattered and no headstone etc.

Hopefully it will not be coming around in the too near future !

Thats the way to go fenboy, minimum hassle and cost to those left behind. Same as that. :good:. Every day now i look for cheaper options for them. :lol:

Edited by la bala

Not done mine but my Mother had a pre-paid plan and left a note with certain instructions .

Problem for those who have to carry out the instruction ,not in this case , but I have heard of some wishes that went very much against the views of those who have carry them out .

Personally I will leave some requests but as I wont be there I would not want to put any one to any great trouble .

Ive sorted mine.............its a bit iffy ....my mate has agreed to get a ton of corded wood and make a byre shove me ontop with an old shotgun and all the dog leads...and on a windy evening with a few friends and famliy...and loads of beer and wine....burn me off and scatter the fire and ashes next morning.....and i have chosen the spot...

Ive sorted mine.............its a bit iffy ....my mate has agreed to get a ton of corded wood and make a byre shove me ontop with an old shotgun and all the dog leads...and on a windy evening with a few friends and famliy...and loads of beer and wine....burn me off and scatter the fire and ashes next morning.....and i have chosen the spot...

for real?

Do you call that "kick-the-briquette" ?

Have told my kids to shove me off the bridge in town, there wont be much left by the time I reach the Solway.

On a serious note I want minimum fuss. No service, just cremation and ashes blown in the wind wherever they choose. Chances of getting your own ashes back aren't great anyhow.

Gt.Yarmouth High St ?

Have told my kids to shove me off the bridge in town, there wont be much left by the time I reach the Solway.

On a serious note I want minimum fuss. No service, just cremation and ashes blown in the wind wherever they choose. Chances of getting your own ashes back aren't great anyhow.

Couldnt agree more with your last sentence. :yes:

My wifes wishes are a boat pyre like the vikings had. I told her, i am going to look a right ##### pushing her off in a flaming rowing boat down our local river. :lol:

know exactly where im going there will be 3 generations of us in 3 rows sorted this yrs ago as small village grave yard with no space left done church warden favour in return for putting me down for said space,,,when i get there it will be the closest ive every gotten to my father as he passed when i was 2 so this was something that means a lot to me....now as for how i get there dont care ....its only down the road past the pub,,,,, so ive always said play highway men ( by the highway men) as they carry me out there will a row of bud on the counter of the bar on me raise them up call me a **** and have one last one for the road......

I will be burned and my ashes scattered out on fenham flats "Harvey's island" Lindisfarne!!.... And the folks and closest friends will be having a knees up at my local boozer and it will all be pogues and motorhead maybe a bit sex pistols....that's if I don't out live them but I probably will god willing so there won't be anyone there but me! Lol!!! ;-)

I've spent way too much of my life in the ground to be stuck in it after I'm gone. Told the kids to burn me and remember the good times. Throw my ashes away after.

Really?

I have spent my entire life working in fields in the soil and I think that is where I want to stay.

My instructions are hire a digger and dig a hole deep enough so that future TimeTeam grave robbing **** can't find me and put me in it. All being well it will be my field still.

I don't want a headstone, I want to be remembered for who I was and what I was rather than the location of the hole I ended up in. I have never visited a grave in my life and don't need people visiting mine in death.

I have lost people close to me, I don't remember them by looking at their gravestone and I definitely don't remember the date they passed. I remember them for their lives, not their deaths.