Air Arms S410 repair needed

Bobba

bit of advice before you send it in for repair,

I have just not long ago bought an AAs410, on charging it up to 190bar then leaving it , it had lost all its air, what I did was fill it back up to 190bar then take the action out of the stock, I then sprayed the cylinder with gas leak detector spray , I only used a tiny amount, tiny bubbles started to appear from the air gauge and also the filler valve,

I ordered a full seal kit , replaced every seal in the rifle and hey presto its now not leaking, shoots superb and I am now one happy s410 owner,

I did not like the old style fill valve so I bought the same valve that's on the daystate and fitted that so I don't need a different fitting to fill the s410,

get some gas leak detector spray which is a couple of quid and check the rifle, it could save you a small fortune

the full seal kit was £15

• 3 months later...

That's is a great idea from Evo, mine was leaking when I bought it and not having a clue I took it to a local gunsmiths £25 for a reseal and it been great since!

hi wilksy which gunshop did you use pal for your re seal I have a s410 carbine in .22 was thinking of getting mine done ? thanks . chris

Cmuzzy look on the aaoc forum mate. A guy called Julian I think does seal kits and will send you everything you need for not a lot of money. I downloaded the blown up diagram from aa site and printed it out at work used it to strip down and rebuild my s400. While stripped down I polished the hammer slide. Its all there on the aaoc forum to follow. Not as hard as you would have thought.

If you strip down your S410 and polish anything then make sure that you get it tested afterwards - both of mine were er.... a little on the naughty side after using them for a couple of years - cannot help but think that polishing the hammer on mine would send it well over the legal limit :sad1:

Cmuzzy look on the aaoc forum mate. A guy called Julian I think does seal kits and will send you everything you need for not a lot of money. I downloaded the blown up diagram from aa site and printed it out at work used it to strip down and rebuild my s400. While stripped down I polished the hammer slide. Its all there on the aaoc forum to follow. Not as hard as you would have thought.

hello, i presume you mean julian bond of Bond Air Arms spares. good chap to deal with

Yes mate that's the man. Great fella even sent me some molly grease with all the seals. All seals came in their own bag with the part numbers on to corespond with the numbers on the exploded diagram. Just make sure that it's totally empty before taking apart.