Gun Watch

Miroku 800 Trap

£575

12 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Excellent Condition Diss, Norfolk
Over and Under, 1/2 Choke, Full Choke, 28" barrels
Image Image Image

Description

I haven't shot this for 18 months so may as well go. I've dated it at 1974 and its in super condition. Choking is actually 3/8 and full with LOP of 14.5 inches.

Face to face in South Norfolk for this lovely Trap gun please.

Eric.

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member eredel. Message them here

Wow! Stunning gun. Looks like it's hardly been used. I'd be hanging onto that. A lot of gun for that money.

Thanks, it is a beauty and I hadn't planned to part with it but being as I probably won't be clay shooting in the foreseeable future it has to go.

Also, it's also for the wife's peace of mind as she hates guns but put up with them whilst I did get out occasionally but now she quite rightly grumbles about me not shooting but having a gun.....can't argue with that!

Eric.

Grumble back about all the shoes she never wears and handbags

You are giving in to easy, go back shooting

Problem is Chris, when I retire next year, clay shooting will be an expensive luxury whereas my metal detecting costs nowt except a few nice bottles for the farmer at Christmas and the fishing just needs the rod licence, club licence and a bit of bait......no brainier really!

Eric.

I have the grade 5 in this model. Great gun. You will not be disappointed if it's anything like mine. Looks in good condition too.

Mine is in lovely condition as you can see in the pics but I suspect your grade 5 would make it look positively dowdy...I would love to have a drool over that.... does it have the Monte Carlo stock?

Eric.

Problem is Chris, when I retire next year, clay shooting will be an expensive luxury whereas my metal detecting costs nowt except a few nice bottles for the farmer at Christmas and the fishing just needs the rod licence, club licence and a bit of bait......no brainier really!

Eric.

This one is simple. Don't retire. Even a couple of days a week. keep the gun and go shooting. If she is grumbling now just think what it will be like when you are penned up 24 /7 with her. Nah. :no:

• 3 weeks later...

It is a seriously nice gun at that money in that condition, i had an miroku HSW model in the 1970s and right through the 1980s. I have a Browning now can not do with another trap gun but if i were in the market for one i would be down country for that one. good luck mister.

That`s a bargain for someone. They`re very nice guns.

I`ve just sold a Miroku 800 SW for £350. Mine was a grade 4 but it was very well used with a few dinks, the chequering was somewhat worn and it needed an ejector replacing.

Proof btw that buying a decent name 2nd hand gun is worthwhile. I had it for around 2 years and sold it for what I paid for it.

Do you ever travel further North ?

I am about 200 miles from you which in my car would be approx. £80 in fuel there and back

I used to own the predecessor to these guns a 600S which was a lovely gun back in the day.

Any idea of the weight ?

Sorry, been a year or two since I ventured north of The Wash!

The gun weighs 8.5 lbs in English money.

Regards...Eric.