Yukon Photon Question

billytheghillie

I just use regular batteries in the photon. I use a T50 torch with IR pill with it, so no need for the on-board IR so the batteries last for ages, and the torch gives more range than the on-board anyway.

Edited by walshie

hello, i do not use recharge batteries as never found any that work good in my mk1 photon but maybe another PW member can say on those, these were recommended by thomas jacks, engergizer ultimate lithium, i buy off ebay in packs of 8 or 10 for less than a £ each, as for the 800 torch i see I/R pils but they were expensive at £50 ish scott country,, and for that you can get a T38 with the new black sun i/r led check out ludicrous lumins.co.uk they do have the nm 800 i/r pil at £38 so worth a look, have you bought a mk1 photon or the new XT? i bought a mk1 when they first come on market and it is a good n/v scope some did not like the b/w screen others say to grainy picture but i use a front cap with a hole cut out and it improves it by 50% with using a seperate i/r and the photon i/r switched off so you save battery life .pm me if want more info

it is the new xt model I got, how does a separate ir torch fit to the scope?

hello, you should do well with the XT, as magman said you can use the side weaver rail if you get a torch weaver ring which i use on my pcp ratting set up, on my CZ 455 and photon i use a 8 type clamp with the torch on top clamped to photon tube if there is room between scope rings, good luck