ebay help

martyn2233

hi, wonder if anyone can help me plz with my little problem on ebay. i purchased a ferret finder with 2 collars on the 14th feb which arrived a week later. according to the listing all was in good working order just needed new batteries. i had already bought the batteries so as soon as it arrived i could try it out. one collar worked fine but i couldnt get the other one to work at all. i emailed the seller who stated all was working when he posted them. to make sure it wasnt something i was doing wrong i sent the collar back to deben as they had said they would check the collar out and repair if needed. this is the email i recived from deben :

Hello

Your item has been inspected with the following findings:

1 x FE3505 Mk3m Ferret finder module only - The unit has no output and the rim tab on the base is loose.

I'm sorry to say that we have been unable to repair your returned item, but all is not lost.
As a gesture of good will, we offer an exchange program for old, damaged or worn out products. Details are as follows:
  • We will offer a brand new replacement at a 30% discount in exchange for your current product.
  • Your new product is delivered to you with free of charge postage.
  • Your new purchase is registered with us and covered by a new warranty.
  • We will dispose of your existing product safely.
  • The exchange program is no quibble and in addition to your statutory rights.

so i emailed the seller again who is still saying they all worked when he posted and is refusing to do anymore. does anyone know what i should do next?

thanks for any help

I would take the offer of deban as you probably got the items for a bargain thats the way i look at it.ive have just sold 2 clulite cb2 lamps in perfect working order and they were to sign for at the other end,i dint think the buyer realised that when i sent them tracked to then next thing he sent a message saying they hadn't arrived until i sent him the picture of the signature.they are £120 each to buy he got them for £85 and i sent him 2 soare bulbs £9 each red filter £14 and a spare charger £25 and he tried it on.if i was you and you got it at a good price mate i would just accept it but if nothing worked then you could take it ip with ebay if you think you have been ripped off.but at least you have a brand new collar cheap with a 12mth warranty.atb

I would take the offer of deban as you probably got the items for a bargain thats the way i look at it.ive have just sold 2 clulite cb2 lamps in perfect working order and they were to sign for at the other end,i dint think the buyer realised that when i sent them tracked to then next thing he sent a message saying they hadn't arrived until i sent him the picture of the signature.they are £120 each to buy he got them for £85 and i sent him 2 soare bulbs £9 each red filter £14 and a spare charger £25 and he tried it on.if i was you and you got it at a good price mate i would just accept it but if nothing worked then you could take it ip with ebay if you think you have been ripped off.but at least you have a brand new collar cheap with a 12mth warranty.atb

hi I paid £200 posted if I take deben up on there offer that means another £63 on top it's only £285 for the lot brand new from the shop so not happy on that

hi I paid £200 posted if I take deben up on there offer that means another £63 on top it's only £285 for the lot brand new from the shop so not happy on that

I would be taking a dispute up then mate as you didnt state how much then at least you will get ya money back and buy a new one with a guarantee.

I was bidding on a clay trap that ended today,I was out bid by an automatic bidder.I then looked at his profile and he had made 66% of his bids(over 100) to the seller.Obviously working as a pair or maybe even the same person

Fielddweller

Try reporting it to ebay. Ebay don't allow shill bidding.

Open the dispute. If he is telling the truth, then it was damaged in transport. If he is lying, then it as not as described. Either way it is his responsibility to fix it. From there, you can choose the outcome you want. You paid 200 for the set, but what is a collar worth? Can you buy another single collar(I don't know ferret finders)? If you can get a brand new set for 285 but a used set is 200 I can see by a like new used set was appealing.

I would either propose to the seller a full refund or a refund of ~£60 or so such that for only slightly more than what you paid for his set you can get the set from deben. The £60 refund would be my preference since you needed the intern the first place. If he doesn't agree then take the full refund.

Rick

I was bidding on a clay trap that ended today,I was out bid by an automatic bidder.I then looked at his profile and he had made 66% of his bids(over 100) to the seller.Obviously working as a pair or maybe even the same person

Fielddweller

i don't think the numbers are as bad as you think on this as if 66% are bids to one seller he may have only made 3 bids in total, two to the seller of the trap and one to someone else, ie each bid represents 33% if he's made 3 bids in total, when i first saw this kind of thing i thought the same but then i bid on a gun slip and upped it a few times in the end i had 90% of my bids with that seller

In the case of the OP , hopefully you have paid by paypal and hopefully completed the purchase through ebay, ie didnt offer him £200 off ebay for it

then open a dispute, with the email from deben that you have its a no brainer you will defo get your money back i reckon

i don't think the numbers are as bad as you think on this as if 66% are bids to one seller he may have only made 3 bids in total, two to the seller of the trap and one to someone else, ie each bid represents 33% if he's made 3 bids in total, when i first saw this kind of thing i thought the same but then i bid on a gun slip and upped it a few times in the end i had 90% of my bids with that seller

In the case of the OP , hopefully you have paid by paypal and hopefully completed the purchase through ebay, ie didnt offer him £200 off ebay for it

then open a dispute, with the email from deben that you have its a no brainer you will defo get your money back i reckon

Didn't realise it worked like that.

Many thanks

Fielddweller