South Wales FAC interview

Nice lady Kate phoned me yesterday and we arranged my interview for next Thursday with a guy called Mark.

Appreciate any tips or info that you have especially any guys from S.Wales FAC area on what this Fac interview will entail & what this guy is like so I can be prepared as best as I can.

Appreciate any thing that will help.

He will just want to see what sort of guy you are and where you intend to store it along with ammo storage and that no one else will be able to gain access.

ie that you are responsible and of good character and what experience / knowledge of using the calibre of rifle you are asking for, the use you intend to put it to etc.

You need to be honest in your responses.Simply be yourself and do not try to kid him.If you do not already know, check out on line about using the calibre you are requesting regarding range, type of quarry etc.

No need at all to be nervous, he is just another guy doing a job, like you.

Edited by Good shot?

It's not a big deal unless you are a twitching psychopath. He'll probably accept a cuppa, chat about your experience of shooting, check security of the property and maybe meet the family (if relevant.) He'll go through paperwork and check out your habits.

My S Wales renewal last year was quite long compared to previous ones- I think the guy was new.

Hi,

2 years ago a Mark Thomas from South Wales did my interview, on the 21st March really nice guy, didn't want a cuppa.

He had my application with him, which he went through asked a few home security questions, asked the Mrs how she felt about rifles in the house, I asked for 300 rounds of .22lr and 17hmr he asked if i wanted to increase it, but i declined.

He then proceeded have a look at my cabinet and try to pull it off the wall , didn't want to see the ammunition safe but did ask questions about it ( is it electronic or manual), cant remember much else, but was here about 30 mins.

Ticket landed on my mat on the 12th June.

Just be yourself and honest and everything will be fine :good:

I may have another as i just applied for my SGC

Ade

Edited by Ade1971

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

25th April

Phone up s.wales fa again today starting to get a standard answer now "yes everything has been done and should be with you in a couple of weeks."

Had the same answer last week and the week before.

Farm is cleared for calibers and interviews done----------- referees are done----- medical done.

Why don't they send it out..