Essex masters

bostonmick

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingo 15 did you enjoy the two layouts? Your down on last years scores, are the targets harder or was it an off day.

I'm hoping I do well but after nearly five hours in car I think I'll be stiff as a board.

Disappointing that an event of this size don't have a live scoreboard.

Edited by figgy

Kingo 15 did you enjoy the two layouts? Your down on last years scores, are the targets harder or was it an off day.

I'm hoping I do well but after nearly five hours in car I think I'll be stiff as a board.

Disappointing that an event of this size don't have a live scoreboard.

I enjoyed both courses yet again like i did last year.

I shot 134 this year which is 13 up from last year.

Didnt help feeling a bit poorly on the first day and staying in a less than good b and b.

definatley a wind affected course this year.

I happy with what i shot.

Good luck to those are still to shoot it.

118 for me,

Missed some silly targets 1 less than last year :unhappy:

Still enjoyed it though, and Kingo did very well considering the state he was in on Tuesday night,
(Not drink related)

A lot colder and windier than last year....as above good luck to those still to shoot

:shaun:

I had nightmare and shot 135, which is 6 down on last year when I shot with a hangover. Enjoyed the both courses but never got going and missed silly easy targets that would have built a decent card. Rain and wind on the morning every ten minutes was frustrating.

I had nightmare and shot 135, which is 6 down on last year when I shot with a hangover. Enjoyed the both courses but never got going and missed silly easy targets that would have built a decent card. Rain and wind on the morning every ten minutes was frustrating.

We were asked to turn up early today as it was going to get quite busy at our allotted time of 11, so we were there for 9:15 and started at 9:30, bit of drizzle just before the end for us,

The Trap type targets did for me :no:

well my 1st proper event and masters...the black course had its own 'Amen corner' with 3 stands that made me look v v silly.....those 2 sim trap birds...looked so easy...alas not!........impressed that so many folk got through and the 2 layouts were pretty challenging but fair....wind and high battues dont mix too well either!!shot with a group from oakridge Clay club...up on Teeside??good bunch with 2 very good shots amongst them.........good fun..

Dougall I was one of the lads you shot with from Oaklodge shooting ground.

Remember the big fella in blue and white Castellani vest, it was me :lol: what do you mean only two good shots.

So much for my Maxam Imperial trap carts, lads asked if I was shooting party poppers or using up last years fireworks,back to the Superfasts me thinks.

Edited by figgy

We were asked to turn up early today as it was going to get quite busy at our allotted time of 11, so we were there for 9:15 and started at 9:30, bit of drizzle just before the end for us,

The Trap type targets did for me :no:

The two simo black clays that started at 35 yards and ******** off into Suffolk. I hit two but on one the second clay was late coming so had to take the pair again and missed, I can't remember if I got one or two on that stand. I know I came off two stands with two clays to show for my efforts. One was the two simo crossers one white one orange. After shooting some of these well missing loads, I contemplated dusting off the golf bats. Only managed to straight one stand out of 26 of them. It was a long ride home dissecting my muppetry :lol: Edited by figgy

Didn't straight any on the red, was absolutely gutted not to straight the pair of rabbits on the red course, dropped 2

Straighted 2 stands on the black course but hey ho,

I don't go to win, I go to have a great couple of days with people I only see once or twice a year,

Be nice to hit a couple more though....lol

The only stand I blanked was the last one on the red course.

How many did you get Dougall?

Dougall I was one of the lads you shot with from Oaklodge shooting ground.

Remember the big fella in blue and white Castellani vest, it was me :lol: what do you mean only two good shots.

So much for my Maxam Imperial trap carts, lads asked if I was shooting party poppers or using up last years fireworks,back to the Superfasts me thinks.

lol small world!! I was the other chap with similar physique who followed you!!

Shaun I shot 73 red 71 black......on both stand 1s I dropped 4 birds on each!! these were the easy stands to get you started!!!!!......my only boast for the day is I hit every rabbit......alas I think I missed nearly every battue though!!

I had no excuses for my shooting,I would be hitting the targets great then drop a pair or a single clay far to many times. Think I only missed one rabbit all day. Only the red course battue that was badly wind affected did I miss most battlues the other battue stands were OK.

Dougal you were shooting great and I was surprised you didn't card more,but alas the odd pair dropped here and there certainly takes its toll.

Kingo you show off :lol: the simo trap targets were one that you would either do well on or could blow your card on, shame the course never went along the old railway embankment like last year as they had some good targets you shot down onto.

All in all it was a great day out and the other lads on our squad were good company and friendly be good to shoot with again. Look forward to next years Essex Masters.

Edited by figgy

I am not a clay shooter,mainly shoot pigeons and game and do a monthly 80 birder. doing essex masters was like a hack golfer playing st Andrews off the back tees....,and 200 birds is a different level........totally unprepared for that amount of concentration.Thought the targets though were a great mix,and only stand 13 on red at a daft level of near impossible.....I missed lots of easy birds which is a mental/concentration thing which I am simply not used to...I'm from the old school of see pigeon shoot pigeon,whereas I think this level of clay shooting is about brain training and my brain gets too many beer/Shiraz assaults !Enjoyed shooting with you and your Teeside crew,seriously good shots you are too,Gary & Andy were very impressive....seeing an 88 & 90 on the black course was good to watch,you clearly do a lot of competitive shooting and it shows.V.nice to meet you perhaps repeat next year and we combine it with a few beers,now that's a hobby I do concentrate on!!all best and congrats to Gary & Andy,nice fellas and pleasure to shoot with you all.