eye dominance in snooker

viking

i was just wondering if a snooker players ability or lack of could be down to eye dominance or would eye dominance have nothing to do with sliding a cue gown the center of your chin? iv thought about this before weather or not eye dominance comes into play with snooker players, iv played in the league for a few local clubs for the last 25 years and if i say so myself im not to bad, dont practice like i used to as i now only play tuesdays in the league of at the weekend when im half cut, :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

i was just wondering if a snooker players ability or lack of could be down to eye dominance or would eye dominance have nothing to do with sliding a cue gown the center of your chin? iv thought about this before weather or not eye dominance comes into play with snooker players, iv played in the league for a few local clubs for the last 25 years and if i say so myself im not to bad, dont practice like i used to as i now only play tuesdays in the league of at the weekend when im half cut, :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

Get yourself a land rover to work on, its more interesting.

i to am right handed but left eye dominant, i can shoot left or right handed as due to my eye dominance i taught myself to shoot left handed but i always prefer to shoot right handed, some time i shoot left handed just to show off, but no way can i play snooker left handed, the odd easy shot maybe,

Get yourself a land rover to work on, its more interesting.

must try that some time :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am right eye dominate but left handed. I naturally want to shoot, golf and cricket right handed, and in those sports I do ok. Now sports like football, darts and snooker I naturally want to play left handed and I am terrible at them.

So yes i believe a lot of sport is down to eye dominance. After all its all eye to limb coordination.

Edited by zipdog

I am right eye dominate but left handed. I naturally want to shoot, golf and cricket right handed, and in those sports I do ok. Now sports like football, darts and snooker I naturally want to play left handed and I am terrible at them.

So yes i believe a lot of sport is down to eye dominance. After all its all eye to limb coordination.

I am left eye dominant but shoot with both eyes open from the right shoulder with no problem. I (used to more like) can also play darts OK, did well at snooker and played a fierce game of table tennis. When it comes to football though to this day it amazes me when I see people bounce a ball on their foot more than 3 times, my limit is about that :lol: and I always found it odd that so many people were so much better than me at football.

My ambidextrous dad could play table tennis from his left (wrong hand) and beat most people, he could throw a knife and make it stick better than anyone I know but I can't recall him being outstanding at much else sporting wise and have no idea of his master eye. Essentially I think some people are better at some things than others and the master eye phenomenon will really only be important with certain things like clay shooting. I shot air guns from a very young age and being left eye dominant never held me back, in fact I could hit running tennis balls and even today use my right (visibly weaker) eye to shoot rifles. If master eyes were as critical as all that then I'm sure things like driving would also be affected which as we know they're not.

I'm right handed but left eye dominate, I've played pool left handed ever since I can remember, that's probably because of eye dominance ?? My grandad taught me to shoot so probably made me hold the gun right handed.

I'm right handed with everything except shooting and riding a skateboard oddly..left eye dominate...

My father was right handed at everything except cricket?..