Fox club

WelshMike

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another successful night with the pard 008 although could of been better. 

First permission seen me set up with caller on side of hill last light. Having seen a fox recently there was confident of getting on it. But after 20 minutes of calling nothing so walked to pick caller up. One last scan up hill and fox is watching me pick up caller😡

Onto next permission similar scenario but after dark. This time I am watching a roe deer come out to my left. Scan at caller 40 yards in front and a fox is running straight in. I move slightly  and he trots back to horizon and sits looking back. No shot and trots of again😡

Move to the other end of ground see one in the distance working through the grass a quick squeak and he is on his way. Stops at twenty yards and his hit over. Another cub from this year.

On way back spot a fox jumping a stock fence through the thermal about 4-500 yards of. A loud squeak has him flying in. I can here him hitting the wire fencing trying to come through. Get set up on rifle he comes to 20 yards but right in front of workshop. He turns turns back out in field and drop him with little hmr. Further than I would normally shoot with little gun but drop it a treat. Very large dog fox

20190828_072011.jpg

Edited by bumpy22

I spent much of yesterday driving and walking the new farms, clearing gateways of brambles and trying to get to know my routes around. 

Out last night on a recce and trial run, over a 100 or so acres of fresh stubble. Lots of foxes about ( i spotted at least 6). Bumpy, you would have had a field day. I managed to drive over about three fields without head lights, find the gates and get back out without bumping the shiny truck. 🙂 

I had the rifle with me so later on called a fox through the hedge line to about 80 yds and dropped it.  A little later maybe 20 mins I heard something crashing through the brash behind adjacent to the stream. I turned to see a fox no more than ten yards away with the themal :eh:. Pivoting the quad sticks on one leg I got the drone on a very blurry fox. Some lip squeaks to keep it looking at me whilst i focused and down it went at no more than 15 yards chest shot. Not a mark on it when I picked it up (50g vmax .223) :|.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

I spent much of yesterday driving and walking the new farms, clearing gateways of brambles and trying to get to know my routes around. 

Out last night on a recce and trial run, over a 100 or so acres of fresh stubble. Lots of foxes about ( i spotted at least 6). Bumpy, you would have had a field day. I managed to drive over about three fields without head lights, find the gates and get back out without bumping the shiny truck. 🙂 

I had the rifle with me so later on called a fox through the hedge line to about 80 yds and dropped it.  A little later maybe 20 mins I heard something crashing through the brash behind adjacent to the stream. I turned to see a fox no more than ten yards away with the themal :eh:. Pivoting the quad sticks on one leg I got the drone on a very blurry fox. Some lip squeaks to keep it looking at me whilst i focused and down it went at no more than 15 yards chest shot. Not a mark on it when I picked it up (50g vmax .223) :|.

Looks like we will need a night on these soon👍

Call you later😉

Good effort gents :good:

Headed to another piece of ground where the farmer had met a fox coming across the yard :lol: Arrived and parked up in the middle of one of the fields on the track. Got out, got kit, quick check and a fox was crossing through the hedge into the field I was in. Got the tail gate on the truck down and set up on the roof. Nice 100 yard chest shot and a vixen was on the deck within 2 minutes of arriving. 2 1/2 hours later and nothing else seen so back home. 

4 hours ago, WelshMike said:

Good effort gents :good:

Headed to another piece of ground where the farmer had met a fox coming across the yard  Arrived and parked up in the middle of one of the fields on the track. Got out, got kit, quick check and a fox was crossing through the hedge into the field I was in. Got the tail gate on the truck down and set up on the roof. Nice 100 yard chest shot and a vixen was on the deck within 2 minutes of arriving. 2 1/2 hours later and nothing else seen so back home. 

Well done Mike. Nice to see you getting out again regular rather than decorating 

1 hour ago, bumpy22 said:

Well done Mike. Nice to see you getting out again regular rather than decorating 

Don't mention decorating I'm sick of painting ceilings and walls, lifting laminate floor and carpets. Fitters here tomorrow and Friday then finished. Going to have a quick shine tonight , not the best spot but have to look. 

17 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

:lol: Plasterers are in at the moment ...week 5 or 6 and another 1-2 weeks to go. 10 Tonnes of sand 150 + bags of lime 85 sheets of plasterboard, 30 bags of skim.....bloody decorating lol 

Need to get out tonight but absolutely knackered so will see how I feel...old age is setting in. 

Glad to see you and Grant are getting a good few. I reckon that once Grant gets the hang of taking the rifle in the new shiny truck there will be a few more on the deck :lol:

16 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Don't mention decorating I'm sick of painting ceilings and walls, lifting laminate floor and carpets. Fitters here tomorrow and Friday then finished. Going to have a quick shine tonight , not the best spot but have to look. 

My heart bleeds for you mate :lol: Get down here and bring your painting gear with you...plenty to do. 

1 hour ago, WelshMike said:

Glad to see you and Grant are getting a good few. I reckon that once Grant gets the hang of taking the rifle in the new shiny truck there will be a few more on the deck :lol:

In all fairness to my partner in crime. He said there is no way will be able to go to the mansion opening day in my old truck. So he had to buy a new one. 

21 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

No more painting m8 , told the wife that's me done for another 10 yrs 😁

:lol: I hate painting so dont blame you buddy 

12 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

In all fairness to my partner in crime. He said there is no way will be able to go to the mansion opening day in my old truck. So he had to buy a new one. 

:lol: It wont look very new by the time you get down our lane..lots of deliveries and workmen have made a right old mess. Please make sure you bring passports as the Welsh border is getting stricter ion letting foreigners in lol 

On 28/08/2019 at 07:19, bumpy22 said:

Another successful night with the pard 008 although could of been better. 

First permission seen me set up with caller on side of hill last light. Having seen a fox recently there was confident of getting on it. But after 20 minutes of calling nothing so walked to pick caller up. One last scan up hill and fox is watching me pick up caller😡

Onto next permission similar scenario but after dark. This time I am watching a roe deer come out to my left. Scan at caller 40 yards in front and a fox is running straight in. I move slightly  and he trots back to horizon and sits looking back. No shot and trots of again😡

Move to the other end of ground see one in the distance working through the grass a quick squeak and he is on his way. Stops at twenty yards and his hit over. Another cub from this year.

On way back spot a fox jumping a stock fence through the thermal about 4-500 yards of. A loud squeak has him flying in. I can here him hitting the wire fencing trying to come through. Get set up on rifle he comes to 20 yards but right in front of workshop. He turns turns back out in field and drop him with little hmr. Further than I would normally shoot with little gun but drop it a treat. Very large dog fox

20190828_072011.jpg

Ed- is that a pard on top of the rifle mate? You and Grant have so many toys I lose track of whats what. 

Tried a farm last night which haven't visited yet as waiting for fields to come off. 1st call on wheat stubble produced nothing . Then crossed over to rape stubbles which was a pain as I left my sticks in the car and the rape stalks were about 12 inches tall. Saw 2 Cubs which couldn't get shot at due to rape stalks ☹ Then luckily 3rd one I managed to get a shot at  , shot a full grown dog cub. 

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Tried a farm last night which haven't visited yet as waiting for fields to come off. 1st call on wheat stubble produced nothing . Then crossed over to rape stubbles which was a pain as I left my sticks in the car and the rape stalks were about 12 inches tall. Saw 2 Cubs which couldn't get shot at due to rape stalks ☹ Then luckily 3rd one I managed to get a shot at  , shot a full grown dog cub. 

Well done mate good effort

Happy Birthday m8 ,how many candles 🥳           I was out last night and saw nothing again , getting to be a habit. Got lamped off the lurcher boys again and lamped them back and off they went. Duck shooting tonight but not hopeful as a lot of stubbles about and birds aren't hitting the ponds yet but nice to be out on the 1st..

🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Only saw the 1 last night but glad to say I bagged it , a vixen cub that screamed in to call 😁

20190901_222707-600x800.jpg

Nicely done Mark. 

Had 3 hours on Sat night...saw 3 but no safe shot on any of them...then as I was leaving spied one at about 250 ish yards...not enough hold over and missed...not a good night ..back out tonight as lots of chicken killing going on. Anything that doesnt get into the shed in time is dead by the morning.