WelshMike

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

vixen120_zpsnurjhoar.jpgdog32_zpsfjexl7om.jpg

vixen above shot with 223 +photon 120 yards came to mouth squeak dog fox above shot at 32yds 17 hmr came in wiithin 5 seconds of turning caller on with rabbit distress i walked from caller to david and he said fox had to shout to stop it dog fox 8pm vixen at 9pm and saw another which was quick to leave when called

I went to a new farm to me tonight and had half a dozen rabbits with the brno mod 1 .22 rimmy with some night vision cobbled on top.

Then went back and got the .222 out with photon, half an hour and a few fields later saw a dog fox, but he was not interested in coming any nearer,

so I aimed at the top of his back because he was a ways off and squeezed (thud) down he went. I went to get him and had to give him another. Hence no picture, but another for the tally, 76 this year now!

Edited by tonker

I went to a new farm to me tonight and had half a dozen rabbits with the brno mod 1 .22 rimmy with some night vision cobbled on top.

Then went back and got the .222 out with photon, half an hour and a few fields later saw a dog fox, but he was not interested in coming any nearer,

so I aimed at the top of his back because he was a ways off and squeezed (thud) down he went. I went to get him and had to give him another. Hence no picture, but another for the tally, 76 this year now!

76 Thats a lot of fox's mate,cor you must be good ,hells bells .was that Tonker come Rodney😜😜 Edited by gaffertoo

vixen above shot with 223 +photon 120 yards came to mouth squeak dog fox above shot at 32yds 17 hmr came in wiithin 5 seconds of turning caller on with rabbit distress i walked from caller to david and he said fox had to shout to stop it dog fox 8pm vixen at 9pm and saw another which was quick to leave when called

Nice work mate :good:

well done mate. Getting there with the numbers as well. Keep up the good work.

Headed out last night as I have never shot 100 foxes in a year before and am currently in the low 80s so keeping the pressure on.

First field on farm 1 I bumped a fox who legged it and didnt come back. Headed over to another likely spot and caught a glimpse of eyes, over to the NV and it had gone. Wandered over the field, flick of the lamp...eye shine. Over to NV ...couldnt see the fox. Moved a few feet and checked again and the fox was sat behind 4 ewes...a few more yards and lined up the shot off the sticks, fox down at about 50 yards. Good size dog fox (one of this years).

Over to farm 2, spotted eye shine, over to NV, quick squeak and the fox bolted in my direction at a fair sprint....didnt present a shot and then disappeared. Reappeared on top of a bank so no safe shot. Messed about trying to get it into a safe position for about 15 minutes before it finally headed onto the next farm...

Final field before heading home I had a bit of a call, spotted a fox, got ready to take the shot but there were some nettles slightly obscuring the IR..took the shot anyway and missed...shot was about 140 yards so not difficult in any way...went home rather annoyed but never mind, have to miss some to appreciate the ones that I do hit :lol:

Well done Mike, good effort. I know how you feel about the missed shot, I missed two sitters the other night just after bowling over a tricky longer range one, was very frustrated and convinced the scope had a knock so down the range the following day had bullets shooting .5 moa right on the mark! Just no accounting for some losses.

Well done Mike, good effort. I know how you feel about the missed shot, I missed two sitters the other night just after bowling over a tricky longer range one, was very frustrated and convinced the scope had a knock so down the range the following day had bullets shooting .5 moa right on the mark! Just no accounting for some losses.

Cheers bud. I hate missing especially, as you say, when there is no reason behind it. To be fair I am consoled by the fact that you are indeed human and also miss :lol::lol::lol:

well done foxhunter nice one mate

Cheers bud. I hate missing especially, as you say, when there is no reason behind it. To be fair I am consoled by the fact that you are indeed human and also miss :lol::lol::lol:

well done mike cannot get them all mate it will cross your path again and im 99% sure youll get it but ,ill leave 1% doubt incase you f###k up again :whistling:

Edited by remmy1100

Good results lads...

I also had the runaround by a few foxes last night Mike but going back tonight to try again with Jeffs NV.

My mate had this one the other night ....

002_zpsd9v0gfaw.jpg

I got this one last night ...120 yd head shot :)

003_zps1rpkxgpm.jpg

Confident of getting a result tonight :yes:

Well done mate

well done foxhunter nice one mate

well done mike cannot get them all mate it will cross your path again and im 99% sure youll get it but ,ill leave 1% doubt incase you f###k up again :whistling:

That is to kind bud...more a 50/50 with my shooting :lol::lol: To be fair the shot was good just aiming in the wrong place by the look of it :no:

Hi Tonka , 76 what a foxing man you are don't want to Bragg but I am on 77 and I only go out once a week we should both crack a 100 this year but I cover a few 1000 acres with a mate of mine and he is pie hot at squeaking them in speak soon my little sharp. Shooter

Cripes that's some fast work. They may be there in a moment a few minutes an hour or two or not at all. The anticipation is everything.

Headed out last night as I have never shot 100 foxes in a year before and am currently in the low 80s so keeping the pressure on.

First field on farm 1 I bumped a fox who legged it and didnt come back. Headed over to another likely spot and caught a glimpse of eyes, over to the NV and it had gone. Wandered over the field, flick of the lamp...eye shine. Over to NV ...couldnt see the fox. Moved a few feet and checked again and the fox was sat behind 4 ewes...a few more yards and lined up the shot off the sticks, fox down at about 50 yards. Good size dog fox (one of this years).

Over to farm 2, spotted eye shine, over to NV, quick squeak and the fox bolted in my direction at a fair sprint....didnt present a shot and then disappeared. Reappeared on top of a bank so no safe shot. Messed about trying to get it into a safe position for about 15 minutes before it finally headed onto the next farm...

Final field before heading home I had a bit of a call, spotted a fox, got ready to take the shot but there were some nettles slightly obscuring the IR..took the shot anyway and missed...shot was about 140 yards so not difficult in any way...went home rather annoyed but never mind, have to miss some to appreciate the ones that I do hit :lol:

If you hit them all.............!!! At least you are seeing a few, and chasing them abut the place. We have had a few blanks of late then four on the last outing.

Well the other night never went to plan , but had a great result. After sitting in the field I saw the foxes in the previous night for 4 hours , nothing turned up. So we moved to another spot and called, Jeff shot a big dog fox in under 5 mins to the cottontail distress call.

We then moved to another spot and again a fox was screaming in to cottontail distress , this one though came right up to caller then bolted but Jeff followed it and dropped it , He noticed another with the thermal and shot this one too . They dropped side by side.

A few minutes later another fox turned up but was a bit more cautious , Jeff had to shoot through a fence and the bullet struck this. The fox ran off but he managed to stop it with a holler and pulled off a cracking shot at 264 paces .............3 vixens in 10 mins,

65%20004_zpscxtzdnzh.jpg

As the 2 fell .........

65%20003_zpsh6ev9mgv.jpg

Love the quick calls .............

Well the other night never went to plan , but had a great result. After sitting in the field I saw the foxes in the previous night for 4 hours , nothing turned up. So we moved to another spot and called, Jeff shot a big dog fox in under 5 mins to the cottontail distress call.

We then moved to another spot and again a fox was screaming in to cottontail distress , this one though came right up to caller then bolted but Jeff followed it and dropped it , He noticed another with the thermal and shot this one too . They dropped side by side.

A few minutes later another fox turned up but was a bit more cautious , Jeff had to shoot through a fence and the bullet struck this. The fox ran off but he managed to stop it with a holler and pulled off a cracking shot at 264 paces .............3 vixens in 10 mins,

65%20004_zpscxtzdnzh.jpg

As the 2 fell .........

65%20003_zpsh6ev9mgv.jpg

excellent work there lads a few being accounted for now.l

I went down the Chicken Farm again tonight, I am tending to shoot this twice a week at the moment from the tower, I shoot two other perms once each, and the two shoots I am involved with when I can. so apart from skittles night I'm out near every night at the moment (married to a saint)

Back to tonight, arrived at about eight and made myself comfy, nothing moved for an hour, but then I saw eyes in the next field heading toward the back side of the orchard. The slew has been ditching for the last two days around this farm so I figured it would come through the gate rather than try and cross the now deep and very wet ditch. Nothing, thought Id been outfoxed (sorry). Just as I was about to pack up this lad came from a totally unexpected direction, now the slew was parked up on the edge of the field so I wanted him to clear that, which made my shot a little farther but when pacing it from the tower was 156yds I could have sworn it was farther looking through the Photon. That makes seven from that tower in two weeks, I don't know where they keep coming from. unless they are being imported :whistling:

post-64160-0-45752300-1477258375_thumb.jpg

65%20004_zpscxtzdnzh.jpg

As the 2 fell .........

65%20003_zpsh6ev9mgv.jpg

Where's the picture of the Dog Fox?....ya nasty little hobbit ya ;)

Don't forget to tell them about losing your Foxpro remote...you know the one that was around your neck that i told you about 3 times :lol:

Well as usual it appears that Mark is missing all the interesting bits from his stories...naughty boy.

I had a cracking night last night (well almost perfect but I ll get to that later).

Headed out to 1 small farm first as I hadnt been there for a while. Due to the awkward nature of the ground I set the foxpro up and watched the few fields. After about 10 minutes I caught a flick of eyes out in the distance but the were gone pretty quick. A couple of minutes later I spotted a fox the other side of the fence about 50 yards away. Got set up behind the rifle to see the fox sat the wrong side of the fence with no safe shot due to the cows behind it. It was interested in the caller but only when I gave a hand squeak did it decide to pop through the fence. It sat and looked in my direction for about 1 minute before moving off and presenting a shot at about 40 yards. Nice dog fox and a good start to the night

Dog%20fox%20no%201%2024.10.16_zps2ruauau

Headed over to the second farm and saw 1 but no safe shot.

Over to farm 3 and got set up in a likely spot got the caller ready to go and then heard a rabbit squeal behind me. Checked through the spotter and sure enough there was a fox about 20 yards away. No chance of a shot so I let it go on a bit and then gave a good hand squeak. No sign so I had a quick flick of the torch and caught sight of the fox, or at least a fox in the same field as me. Quickly lay down to take the shot just as the fox was moving off. Quick squeak stopped him at about 65 yards for a nice chest shot. Another lovely dog fox.

Dog%20fox%20no%202%2024.10.16_zpsqxwt5vk

Moved to another part of the farm. Used the torch for the first field to give my eyes a rest from the NV spotter. 100s of sheep of every breed and colour of eyes...got to the end and spotted a fox about 10 yards away. He actually stood and looked at me for 30 seconds but no safe shot due to the sheep stood behind him..he then realised the danger and legged it. Went over a few more fields before coming back. Saw the fox again and got it to come into the call but no safe shot. He disappeared into the next field so I followed. Got into the field and caught site of him heading my way. Set up behind the rifle and saw him stood behind a load of sheep...finally he cleared and a quick Oi stopped him followed by a 58 grain .243 round that put a stop to him for good. A scrawny dog fox (one of this years cubs)

Dog%20fox%20no%203%2024.10.16_zps2i22aej

This is the bit that isnt perfect...Spotted another fox a couple of fields away and a shot presented itself at about 150 yards. Slightly awkward shot and caught the fox slightly further back. The fox fell straight down a bank and disappeared so no chance of a second shot. Went for a look but no luck so I will head over later today during daylight to see what I can find. Given the devastating nature of the ammo I use I doubt it got far but I detest causing any sort of suffering.

All in all a good night just a shame about no 4.

Cheers for reading

2016-10-25-PHOTO-00000101_zpsctb9noy2.jp

shot this vixen last night after calling for about 30 mins changed to jack rabbit distress and within couple minutes had two foxes come along valley one came straight along stopped him with 50grn bt at 175 yards other sat in hedge at 250 ish before dissappearing,,spotted another on way back to farm but was skylined sat looking at us ,a squeak saw him bolt in opposite direction, tomorrow night it will hopefully cross our path again on.plus side the walk around highlighted alot of rabbits in new spots for us