barley

yickdaz

finally found a decent amount of birds this year going on 2 fields of barley on the same farm with a lot of laid patches on one and a few small ones on the other, found them yesterday while looking around but the rain showers and soaking wet barley put us off shooting them so planned it for today instead, arrived at one of the fields at 12pm quickly decided on a big laid patch to decoy them in, set up an ready by 12.30pm with a few decoys scattered in the patch and the magnet in front of them

I worked out I had enough room in my second chest freezer for approx 60 or so birds so no matter what we would stop shooting around that mark because it looked like we would make that amount with the activity and birds in the area tried our best to drop the birds in the laid patches but you will always lose a few birds shooting around standing crops lost about a dozen but picked the majority hopefully things should turn around from now on and a few bags made over the summer and autumn

74 shot 62 picked

post-21887-0-83738400-1467565850_thumb.jpg

post-21887-0-12781900-1467565955_thumb.jpg