Bit of advice for some oil for oak stairs

walt1980

I've just replaced my bannister at home and it is white oak. The sides of the stairs is oak as well and it's all sanded down nicely.

I'd like to put oil or something on it to bring out the grain but I don't want to make it too dark, I've got some off cuts of both to try it on first but wondered if anyone had an idea of a good place to start?

Cheers

Edited by walt1980

We are one of uks largest oak importers so shift quite a lot and make a lot of flooring and tend to use OSMO HARDWAX OIL works great and doesn't go to dark at all I have also got it in my little girls room for over a year and still looks brand new if you have an email address I can send you a picture

We are one of uks largest oak importers so shift quite a lot and make a lot of flooring and tend to use OSMO HARDWAX OIL works great and doesn't go to dark at all I have also got it in my little girls room for over a year and still looks brand new if you have an email address I can send you a picture

Not cheap but does a great job j...