"Frontline" Flea treatment

keg

Your flea population may have developed an immunity to the active ingredient in Frontline. Try swapping to a treatment with a different active ingredient.

You can get above for free from an online vet pharmacy such add VioVet or VetMedic.

Sorry CB, I don't understand?

My treatments have been from a vet.

Frontlines active ingredient is fipronyl. A number of makers market flea treatments with fipronyl in. It will say on the packet what the active ingredient is.

Talk to your Vet about a different type of flea treatment if you are not confident of sourcing one online.

Sorry CB, I don't understand?

My treatments have been from a vet.

Frontlines active ingredient is fipronyl. A number of makers market flea treatments with fipronyl in. It will say on the packet what the active ingredient is.

Talk to your Vet about a different type of flea treatment if you are not confident of sourcing one online.

Thanks I get that but not this? You can get above for free from an online vet pharmacy such add VioVet or VetMedic

Thanks I get that but not this? You can get above for free from an online vet pharmacy such add VioVet or VetMedic

Sorry - autocorrect strikes again! That should have read, "You can get advice...

We breed cats, and switch between three different flea treatments on roughly a 6 month cycle. I can't advise on specifics, as dog treatments use a different range of active ingredients. Some are the same, like fipronyl, others not, like pyremethrin, which is toxic to cats.

The problem with using the same treatment is that you are artificially selecting for a population which is resistant to that treatment, so the effectiveness will always drop over time. Switching to a different active ingredient will cure the problem, as the percentage of your population which is resistant to the new drug will be very small.

Find another one that works for you, then switch between them every few months.

Edited by CaptainBeaky

Ivermectin is good to and most pigeon lads will have some,just put it on the back of the neck like spot on.

Just in case anyone dashes out and tries ivermectin please don't just use any old livestock ivermectin and read the label................

Ivermectin Sensitivity in Collies and Similar Breeds

Neurotoxicity can also occur with ivermectin usage in some dogs. This is particularly common in dogs that have a genetic mutation known as the MDR1 (multi-drug resistance) gene mutation. This gene mutation is known to occur most commonly in breeds such as Collies, Australian Shepherds, Shelties, Long-haired Whippets and other breeds with "white feet."

Symptoms of neurotoxicity include incoordination, muscle tremors, seizures, blindness and death.

Sorry I'm not having a dig Lurchers, just though I should point out the facts.