"Frontline" Flea treatment

keg

Is anyone finding " Frontline" flea treatment not being very effective this summer? Any suggestions on alternatives?

total rubbish..waste of money........does work better for cats tho'...........as did-i-miss says Bravecto....expensive one pill given by vet £20 odd quid......works as an "exitator"...fleas go totally mad for 12hours and die...the fleas system goes into 100mph overdrive...and they burn out....(sort of).........

but you must continue to use flea house powder ............

I took my dog to the vet last year as he was suffering with fleas, told the vet I was using frontline but didn't appear to be working to which they said a number of people like my myself had said the same. They advised to try a tablet (around £20) which lasts up to 3 months and within a day or two my dog had stopped scratching.

First time our cat has ever had fleas! Vet said its a bad year for them! Fleas that is.

He prescribed "Comfortis" a day later it's all over for the little critters.

Now the drugs from him are £10 a pop! However £33 for six months worth online but you need a written prescription. That's £13 from the vet :)

Edited by Lampwick

Frontline has been useless for a few years now. They changed the active ingredient so it could be sold without prescription. I have customers who bring their dogs to me which are alive with fleas. The water literally turns red in the bath and they have been treated every month with Frontline.

As others have said Advocate for dogs is excellent and one of the main reasons to use it is because it also protects against lungworm. Even some wormers don't protect against lungworm.

If you have lots of snails in your garden it's something you should be very aware of.

Can you buy Advocate from pet shops or does it need to be from a vet as such?

Advocate is only available from a vets or online but with a prescription. I get a prescription from the vets for £10 which is enough for 12. I get it online from animeddirect and its half the price the vets charge.