Water pressure boosters

Twistedsanity

So I am.havibg sone building work done and a nice wet room.installed, I have a condensing boiler and a copper tank upstairs, the tank isn't particularly large and I'm wondering what's the best way to boost the pressure for my super shower which is downstairs and also ensure that after the females in the house have finished preening every morning there is enough water least for me, I can spend a few quid to get it right but don't have an endless budget as we're in the middle of a big build, thought about a booster pump near the shower and someone else suggested fitting a magaflow tank in the loft? All advice welcome, the current tank in in an airing cupboard on the landing and the boiler is about 4 years old

I live in a bungalow and used to have coal central heating and hot water with a copper tank fitted with electric water heater for summer use mainly I also

had low water pressure not to low but could not have a decent shower. so when I had a new bathroom fitted I explained all of this to the guy fitting it and he said that he would just fit a pump that worked on both the hot and cold water and it worked a treat as soon as I turned the tap on the pump would start up and I had a really good pressure in the shower. I now have oil central heating and that has a pump built in so we no longer needed the other pump.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

the pump will not help the water last while the women preen, in fact it will make it worse by increasing the l/per min . only a bigger tank or shorter showers will make it last.The pump will provide a better flow at the shower head and they are relatively cheap and easy to install.

A mega flow will be a costly installation but will also solve the problem, i have a 250 ltr one in my utility room

I have heard those mentioned before, the install wouldn't be to bad as it could go in the loft directly above where the tank is now and I know a plumber, would a magaflow negate the need for a booster?

it will but you need fairly good water pressure on the cold supply

Put a pump on the shower feeds, to increase the pressure and a flow restrictor on the shower hose to reduce the volume. Will still feel like a good powerful shower, but use less water. A bigger cylinder is required really to keep up with demand, but making sure the boiler is at a hot water "on" period on the timer while people are using the shower will help keep up with demand.

Check the head of water pressure at your shower valves/pipes and your main cold water supply. If your tank is in the loft and your shower on the ground floor I suspect that you would have a good head of pressure, depending on your shower head you should be able to have a good deluge type of shower. multiple usage will drain the hot water from your cylinder fairly quickly.

I have multiple heating sources heating up my hot water cylinder in the loft, depending on the time of year. The primary heating is from an oil boiler then I have a water solar panel and when my log burner is on it has a back boiler. I also have a emersion heater which is used occasionally as a booster. This hot water cylinder also provides my under floor heating.

Get rid of the tanks, fit a combi boiler.

We had a combi in the last house, every 3 years I had to replace the heat exchanger and every year as soon as winter came the motorised head on the 3 way valve would go through not having the heating on for several months , i got very good at swapping the parts out and found the cheapest places to buy them, not a lifestyle choice I wish to get back Into thanks, I don't recall the pressure in the shower being particularly spectacular either