long barrel

guzzicat

There is no reason at all why a hole in the top of the cabinet would lessen the security, providing of course the hole is sufficiently small that it cannot be used to remove anything.

My worry is that it makes the end of the barrel sore susceptible to damage, either poking it through the hole or the exposed end being vulnerable to knocks, etc.

Remember you got to put the gun in at an angle depending how tall your cabinet is it will have to be a big enough hole.

I would cut a hole in the top of the cabinet and then buy a lockable cash box , drill a matching hole in the bottom of that then a half dozen bolt holes and bolt it to the top of the cabinet, that way the barrel will fit up into the box and if you baffle off the cash box you can still use it for securely locking any bits and pieces you want.

You could just weld up a tube with a flange around the bottom a inner flange captive welded nuts on the flange bolt it in with round head torx or allen bolts from inside the cabinet. Its how much fabrication gear matewrials or time you got, the cash safe is a diy job with just bassic tools need most will have.

Drill a hole in the bottom and store stock up...if on floorboards drill a further hole with a wood bit or a masonry drill if on concrete

You can make the hole very much larger as it can not be seen , line with foam to protect

Edited by TDS

Hamster - very professional. Do you make them to order or just for yourself? :yes:

It's actually surprisingly easy, you just hold the unloaded gun over the hob for a few minutes and then just let the heat do the rest. :lol::lol:

I'm sorry everyone, it's just the thought of a barrel sticking out the top of the gun cabinet that I can't get out of my mind. :lol::lol:

It's actually surprisingly easy, you just hold the unloaded gun over the hob for a few minutes and then just let the heat do the rest. :lol::lol:

I'm sorry everyone, it's just the thought of a barrel sticking out the top of the gun cabinet that I can't get out of my mind. :lol::lol:

Just surprised you bother to unload it!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody could sneak up on you while you were busy. :lol:

David.

My benelli is too long for my cabinet ,had thought of cutting top of cabinet and making a steel box and welding it to the top of my cabinet ,, but as all my guns are in gun socks i got padded material and made a barrel sock with drawstring and hang it on the gun divider behind the stock and action in the gun sock,works fine for me and no damage to either .

johnnie