Something your great great great grandson would be chuffed to inherit

steve d

Following on from the excellent Maleham sxs thread, if you wanted your great great great grandson to inherit a gun from you that put as big a smile on their face as the one that is on Buze' face right now.

What would it be?

Something that doesnt require a remortgage and is available to the average Joe, new, right now?

the memrory that his great great great granddad was allowed to own a shogun and go out in the countryside and shoot pigeons in the sunshine over a golden stubble field , along with like minded folk .

Edited by stevo

Not a gun but the family heirloom is a WW1 Officers sword. It belonged to my wife's grandfather. We also have his warrant. When our son went into the army we had the sword and scabbard refurbished by Wilkinsons. He proudly carried it into the army, doing a short term Commision (which he extended) as a Captain. We now have the sword and two framed warrants to hand down the family line.

Not a gun but the family heirloom is a WW1 Officers sword. It belonged to my wife's grandfather. We also have his warrant. When our son went into the army we had the sword and scabbard refurbished by Wilkinsons. He proudly carried it into the army, doing a short term Commision (which he extended) as a Captain. We now have the sword and two framed warrants to hand down the family line.

That's blooming brilliant 👍

Thats awesome proper family heirlooms There. :good:

Tony R, When Minis first came out I looked at a Vincent Rapide that had a single seat Steib sidecar fitted , both were mint, this was in Cowies showroom on Scotswood road Newcastle,for the same price (£350ish) as a new Mini , I wonder how many years ago the Mini became a rust stain in a breakers yard, but I bet some fortunate bloke is still cherishing the Vincent.

Tony R, When Minis first came out I looked at a Vincent Rapide that had a single seat Steib sidecar fitted , both were mint, this was in Cowies showroom on Scotswood road Newcastle,for the same price (£350ish) as a new Mini , I wonder how many years ago the Mini became a rust stain in a breakers yard, but I bet some fortunate bloke is still cherishing the Vincent.

Yes if only we had known hey, I have let lots go over the years but got the Vinny a couple of Nortons not so imaculate those like, but i once had chance of a comet 500 for 275 quid in the mid 1970s i wish to this day i had gone for that. it was only just over the border Near Grantshouse. :no:

The garage round the corner from work are rebuilding a mini for some one, they recon the bloke will have a bill for around 50k by the time its finished! Not sure what the value will be though