B725

kingo15

Did you notice it the first time you wiped down the metal work, as a red / brown residue on the cloth? Since bluing is a form of rust in itself, it might be residual from the bluing process. Keep the metalwork lightly covered in a thin layer of oil, at it might well disappear after a few wipe-downs. See what Browning say.

The gun has gone back so don't have pics. The electors had bad rust,it's all around the firing pin area ( can't think of the technical name).

There was rust in the serial number, barrel selector/ safety. Also on and around the barrel lever.

Shame I liked the way the gun shot. But hey ho

Did you notice it the first time you wiped down the metal work, as a red / brown residue on the cloth? Since bluing is a form of rust in itself, it might be residual from the bluing process. Keep the metalwork lightly covered in a thin layer of oil, at it might well disappear after a few wipe-downs. See what Browning say.

I've been hearing a lot of this on different forums.

Seems to be an issue with the recent Browning Black guns.

I nearly bought a black 20g but glad I stuck with my Miroku's now.

I had the same thing with my new Benelli M2. First time I wiped the barrel down with oil, there was a slight rust residue on the cloth, which after a few times of wiping vanished completely. I wipe it down with an oily cloth every time I use it. The first incidence was over a year ago, and I've been shooting plenty of times in the rain since, which no signs of the rust reappearing.

I wouldn't mind by my b525 which I brought new in 2014 I think it was, has been out in all sort of conditions and had a pooh loaf or cartridges through it is in loads better condition.

I think it may be on going problem with the 725 but I'm sure browning will not do anything about it and blame me

My 525 (Feb 16) always has a very fine surface rust on the standing breech and the breech ends of the barrels. Rubs off very easily so I just keep it as well oiled as possible and make sure it doesn't go back in the cabinet damp. All the other surfaces are very well finished and don't rust.

In my experience its not just about putting the gun away damp....

When I move to the latest house ALL my guns had (after a week in the cabinet) suface rust on the inside and outside of the barrels.

Our house is old with no cavity and the exterior walls are cold.... this means the guns are cold and condesnses any humitiy in the air... especially in winter. I have fitted a cabinet heater to ensure that the cabinet remains warm but there are packets that sit in the bottom of the cabinet to reduce damp,

Certainly putting the gun away damp is a no no but cabinet conditions could be at fault...

I always clean my gun after every use - don't know if that is why. I would freak out if I had rust on one of my guns :)

On another note, a bloke who owns a 725 was telling me the other day that the second trigger on his gun isn't cocked by recoil as it is on a 525, and that he thought he had less felt recoil because of that. What do you think 725 owners, any comment on that?

The 725 publicity claims it has a mechanical trigger but it's really pseudo mechanical because it still has an inertia mechanism in order to work. In the US where the skeeters use sub gauge tubes they complain that they still need to have the inertia spring tuned to be able to set the 2nd barrel with very light loads.

Either way it would have no measurable effect on recoil.

The 725 publicity claims it has a mechanical trigger but it's really pseudo mechanical because it still has an inertia mechanism in order to work. In the US where the skeeters use sub gauge tubes they complain that they still need to have the inertia spring tuned to be able to set the 2nd barrel with very light loads.

Either way it would have no measurable effect on recoil.

I've heard/read that as well. But can you explain how my 725 could fire both snap caps reliably every time without the inertial assistance of recoil?

I've heard/read that as well. But can you explain how my 725 could fire both snap caps reliably every time without the inertial assistance of recoil?

I saw an explanation a couple of years ago and I can't remember the details now, but it's not a true mechanical trigger system and I've seen posts on ShotgunWorld about 2nd barrel reset problems with subgauge tubes.