Another scam

Glenlivet

All variations on a theme aren't they. Last one I had was a few weeks ago. "this is being the windows engineer , we are detecting the problem with your windows computer" That's good says I, how have you done that?

"we are being very good in checking services for the customer" says he. No **** says I. Reason I am asking is I don't have a windows computer, I have an Apple Mac and run Linux, (porkies) so how have you found a problem on my 'windows computer' Click............ brrrrrrrrrrr

If anyone gets a call/email/text from the xxxx engineer ignore it, unless of course you're feeling naughty as lots of members here have in the past. Have to say some PWers are very spontaneous, good on them.

BTW if anyone gets a ransom ware (Mrs SBL did last week on FB) and it still allows access to your control panel, do a system restore. Easy peasy, takes about 15 mins and your up and running.

If it covers your entire screen (no access to control panel) its a bit harder. PW to the rescue, lots of knowledgeable people here.

Edit = word a missed out said Mr Topsey Turvey.

Edited by Sha Bu Le

All variations on a theme aren't they. Last one I had was a few weeks ago. "this is being the windows engineer , we are detecting the problem with your windows computer" That's good says I, how have you done that?

"we are being very good in checking services for the customer" says he. No **** says I. Reason I am asking is I don't have a windows computer, I have an Apple Mac and run Linux, (porkies) so how have you found a problem on my 'windows computer' Click............ brrrrrrrrrrr

If anyone gets a call/email/text from the xxxx engineer ignore it, unless of course you're feeling naughty as lots of members here have in the past. Have to say some PWers are very spontaneous, good on them.

I had the phone call from far off lands recently saying they were from my internet provider so I asked who my internet provider was and they answered "talk talk" I said that's strange I'm with BT! They hung up , 10 minutes later the phone goes, it my internet provider again this time they say we are from BT , I sad that's fantastic what can I do to help, there's a problem with your PC, that's odd I said, I have a Mac , lol still waiting for the phone to ring again

Santander every week tell me to update my details and still i have no bank account.Obviously Mr Nknom in Uganda has bought a duff email listing .Paypal in a faint and faded header often warn me ive been "violated" and they have to close me down.I feel sorry for the old duffer,s who get scammed but some of these are so obvious you,ve get to be an X factor fan to be caught :lol::lol:

The best one I had was about my credit card being used in a department store in Manchester.

Guy phoned from credit card security and asked me to phone the police on 999 and give a reference number and they would automatically put me through to their fraud department, so I did :devil: and a very nice foreign sounding gentle man asked me for my reference number and nothing else, he then pretended to put me through to that department but it was the same guy, he went on to explain that someone had tried to purchase a large TV in Manchester and asked if it was me...no I said...well we will need all your credit card details to prove you are who you say you are.....ok sir can we start with the pin number for your card please sir.

No you cannot....now **** off, and he put the phone down