Night vision

P1andy

Night vision is about using much less light that gives away your presence - though the Infra red illuminator LED can be often noticed by wary quarry when its focused into their eyes. The beam of the illuminator is not seen by the human eye so other people won't see it passing along the landscape, nor what it illuminates unless they deploy NV themselves.

The low light camera's used for NV are designed to see higher wavelengths than the human eye. Long story short its much more covert.

NV spotters can frequently be used without any artificial light being used depending on the amount of ambient Infra Red light available.

Thanks for the replies, reading some reviews on the photon yukon xt and some people are adding a t38 t50 torch for longer range I thought they were torches as I have a t50 that's what I can't understand, also what are your thoughts on the photon?

You replace the led in the t50 with an ir led for nv, no visible light to you and me.

Save your money and get one of Dave-G's add ons.The Photons are very grainy got rid of my XT after 2 weeks.Why they bring out a NV unit that needs to be fiddled with is beyond me.Re adding add IR, Dave will agree with me,its fine for spotters but once you get used to shooting with NV there is no need to be taking shots out to 100mtrs plus(50/80mtrs was the norm)If you stay down wind and use your field craft you will never take another shot out above 100mtrs..When i started using NV (photon XT,Pulsar 750a both grainy and the Pulsar is just tooo expensive for what it is) i started with a home build but was always curious of the Photon and the Pulsar.I bought both and was fairly dissapointed to find that a £400 unit and a £1200 was no where near as good as a £150 home build.I flogged both (lost £600 on the Pulsar and inly 2mths old lol) and went back to the add on.

Edited by Davyo