Caesar Guerini

unico1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have posted before on CG and what I see still stands.I have a ceaser guerini summit 32in and its a great gun feel balance build quality looks ok too,was at doveridge shooting ground last week and looking to upgrade I thought wrong,looked at the 692 Beretta black and 725 browning neither felt good the build quality and feel we're not as good as the CG.Beretta was way of but that's my opinion.having shot all 3. I put my CG back in its case and brought it home.these so called top gun makers got some work to do there mid range guns are not good value.I must be honest tho that DT 11 is a great gun,has it all if I could I afforded it it may have come home with me ?

Well I'm in the same boat, I've played with a couple of P and a couple of K guns in hands and they felt like the ticket, but they cost x2.5 the price of the guerini. Also, I'm like 98% sure guerini 'inspired' themselves on the K stock, hand position and possibly trigger. When I mount a K gun it just feels right, and very very very similar to the guerini. It's uncanny. See two side by-side and it's eyebrow rising...

So, I feel I have a pretty good deal -- the clay guns are pretty much there, and from what I've seen, the game guns actually look/behave /better/ than the P/K equivalents I've seen, for less than half the price.

The standard Summit sporter has a low rib like most other 'standard' guns. The Ascent has a higher fixed rib and the stock has an adjustable comb. The Impact has an adjustable rib which allows you to change the point of impact, the rib is higher than the Ascent rib and the stock also has an adjustable comb. Any model in the range can be ordered in Ascent or Impact configuration although the Summit versions are the most common.

I'm also a bit 'sold' the guerini. Bought an Invictus Five a few months ago, and it shoots wonderfully -- and it looks fantastic -- definitely a gun that would cost 2 grand more in the other major 'brands', and I got to go and choose the wood myself too...

I was so pleased we went straight to SG when my wife needed a new gun, and got her a Magnus Syren -- pretty much almost as good as mine; she went straight from wincing at 24g carts to shooting 30g game loads without even noticing, and that's something I noticed with the SGs -- they handle recoil *very* well.

So my only 'down' do far really is that mine is not 3" chamber (but to be fair, it IS a clay gun) and the chrome tubes are a BEEEPPP to clean, as it seems, they all are. However so far, my gun has seen 'weather' and it's fine. It did pick a couple of small marks on the stock after a few thousands of carts, but all my fault.

Anyway, I'm planning to buy one of their game gun too, the Ellipse Curve is pretty high on the list. Was drooling over @silverpigeon69 's yesterday, shouldered it and it just 'fit' like the other ones.

When i got my Ellipse Curve (12g) i was concerned a little with the recoil, especally because it had a wooden butt pad! But i can honestly say it has less recoil than my Beretta Silver pigeon, which is a sporter (heavier) and has a fairly thick rubber butt pad. Even when i was useing, 3inch Gamebore Mamouth 1's in it the other evening!

CG are good value guns and there are some good priced second hand ones to be had.there must be good blazer modelled there vantage on the SUMMIT ASCENT before someone has a go, go and have a look first I shot with a good shot that has one and I had to look twice because they look the same other than his ajustable stock has 3 screws not 2

Had a Summit Ascent 32" and considered it more of a trap style gun than a sporter but each to his own.

They can be setup for either, that's the point of both the Ascent and the Impact. Ascents particularly are a very popular gun for sporting these days as well as a fair few Impacts.

To throw another spanner in the works, called in to my local RFD and asked about CG to which he smiled yea all right he said seem to be lasting the test of time that a lot of folks thought they wouldn't. From a resale point why not consider a 725 more sought after in second hand market were his words.??

Old school dealers... I've yet to meet a dealer I could fully trust to give an objective view on any gun. Like all of us they have their prejudices and preconceptions and like lots of us they can have difficulting accepting that their judgement could be wrong. Many of them have had to eat their words about CGs and a good few are still choking on them. :good:

You can do your own research on used gun values though.

Old school dealers... I've yet to meet a dealer I could fully trust to give an objective view on any gun. Like all of us they have their prejudices and preconceptions and like lots of us they can have difficulting accepting that their judgement could be wrong. Many of them have had to eat their words about CGs and a good few are still choking on them. :good:

You can do your own research on used gun values though.