What's on your table on Xmas day??

Archie-fox

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would certainly have to have roast taters and roast parsnips, they would all end up round the joint while it was cooking, basted regularly getting them nice and crispy. and caramelised parsnips Mmmmmm

Oh and some nice gravy made in the roasting tin. Not that bloomin gravy granule stuff. Indecently where is the gravy ???

That pic was just before the gravy went on 👍🏻

Turkey,Ham and Rib of beef also. The beef I cooked last year was a fine fat marbled piece from the butchers but it was bonless. I love the Cold cuts the next day in a roll or baguette with some pickles,mustard and horseadish sauce.

The usual Stuffing, veg and roasties and proper gravy made fro the meat juices. I regulary make Yorkshire puddings or 'Donegalshire puddings' I like to call them as my son loves them even midweek with Sausages and mash but wont bother for christmas dinner. Homemade fruit pavlova for dessert and will get some of my Mums 'Grannies recipe' Christmas pudding at a later date.

On the Yorkshire pudding's I used to follow a well known Yorkshire Celeb Chefs recipe but now have one that gets a better seal of approval from the family.

I dont mind them when they are well risen and slightly under cooked and Ive heard people say thats how they should be however the recipe i now use they are cooked nice and crisp on the outside and lovely and fluffy in the centres

I would certainly have to have roast taters and roast parsnips, they would all end up round the joint while it was cooking, basted regularly getting them nice and crispy. and caramelised parsnips Mmmmmm

Oh and some nice gravy made in the roasting tin. Not that bloomin gravy granule stuff. Indecently where is the gravy ???

I agree. I think someone needs a cooking lesson. Absolute killer not to have roast spuds in that lovely beef fat.