What's on your table on Xmas day??

Archie-fox

It's great and commendable that people want to help, but if TD says he is fine we should probably take him at his word.

As someone who has struggled in the past, I know that the only thing more awkward than being in a bind is being in a bind but trying to find a way of politely cracking on without help without causing offence to well meaning folk.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taxi Driver ....... If you would like to send me your address I would be happy in sending you a brace of Pheasants for Xmas , they cost me nothing and they will cost you nothing , we are shooting tomorrow so they will still be fresh when they arrive at yours middle of next week.

Failing that , have you gave the Salvation Army a thought , around here they hire one of the big rooms and provide Christmas dinner to any body who want one , young or old , rich or poor and they will arrange transport if you cant get there . Another good charity who I give a few bob to every Christmas.

Whatever you decide to do , have a good Christmas and I hope things are a lot better for you in the new year. M M

It's great and commendable that people want to help, but if TD says he is fine we should probably take him at his word.

As someone who has struggled in the past, I know that the only thing more awkward than being in a bind is being in a bind but trying to find a way of politely cracking on without help without causing offence to well meaning folk.

Well said Zapp, a mans pride is a big thing and must be respected.

Taxi Driver if you have good health you are a millionaire fella, all the very best for Christmas.

For the record i will be having Chicken for Christmas [ Avian flue permitting ] :good:

Am I alone in thinking maybe TaxiDriver could use a little help....any suggestions?

If taxi driver would contact me and not be proud/ stubborn, I have more food than I could ever use and will end up in the bin. Seriously mate send me a PM

Don't think about it just do it

Edited by Vince Green

Yes but actually having food I am going to bin causes me as much anxiety as not having any. Whats up with my rights in this matter? I have been given five Christmas puddings already. chocolates, wine (I don't drink) and I would love to give it to somebody who is going to eat it because I won't.

your choice

Apologies for hijacking the post.

Mine will have Turkey, roast potatoes and parsnips. Pigs in blankets, stuffing, sweetcorn, broccoli and glazed carrots.

All from Waitrose as the ex in laws are coming. Deal is I cook - they buy it all. Result

Sweet corn??...... Really? On Xmas dinner

:shaun:

If TD wants to take you up on the offer he will. If not there will be homeless shelters and food banks that will take most of that off your hands with huge gratitude.

It's not my choice and I'm not infringing your rights. Jeez.

I would rather bin it than give it to a food bank. And I will bin it. Food banks are a political con

Sorry, can't agree with that. However, it's your choice.

Edited to say that normally I agree with most things you say.

yes a bit harsh, we as a family instead of advent calendars we put an item of food in a box every day and the kids drop it off at the local food bank to help them who need it