RWS sub hollow point .22

iano

Yep it's all I use.

Most rifles will shoot ok at 50yds with pretty much anything if it's a good rifle.

Push the range out to 100+ and then you find the truly good ammo. RWS will still hold MOA in my rifle while other brands print into an A4 size vertical spread.

I was a bit concerned by the wax lube filling the hollow point cavity, but it seems to flatten the rabbits still so I don't worry about it.

Atb

cycle well in my semi-auto (where others fail). A good accurate sub but has a rather gritty residue.

When I had the Volquartsen, RWS was one of the few that would cycle. I agree with the comment about gritty residue, but all 22lr's suffer from that to some degree. I used RWS R50 through the semi for long shots from a static hide. Never had a runner if I put it through the head or into the boiler room. You do want a good backstop though. :oops:

Back on topic, I ran a few over the chronograph and they are running at around 1000fps give or take a few fps. Most other hunting subs are running about 70fps faster but the ES then shows up on the target at 100yds.

IMO the potential for hitting harder is moot if you miss, so I go for accuracy over everything else.

Atb