Shotgun cabinet recommendations

lopylui

Im looking to put in for my sgc in the new year and im looking to buy a cabinet also.

Whats your recommendations?

Ideally 2-3 gun and a price as close to free as possible is allways appreciated as we haven't got alot to play with.

Edited by lopylui

You can't go far wrong with a Brattonsound. You can often find them second hand on eBay. Local clay clubs usually have adverts for second hand gun safes, too.

I appreciate that you're on a budget, but it's best to future-proof things and buy one as big and as deep as you can get. You never know where your shooting hobby may take you: multiple shotguns and maybe even rifles with scopes.

Also, when a manufacturer says 2 to 3 guns, what they tend to mean is 2 to 3 over-under shotguns, with slim profiles. Start putting semi-autos in there with bolt-handles sticking out, or rifles with scopes with larger turrets, and you'll quickly discover that you can't fit as many guns in as advertised!

Getting one with a top or internal locking box is good, too, since not only will it allow you to put ammunition in there if you ever go section 1, but also small household valuables that you really wouldn't want stolen.

Good luck!

I agree Brattonsound are very good.

Personally I would avoid the el'cheapo's like the GDK I bought one and the hinges didnt work, I managed to fix it but the bottom lock jammed shortly after. Some have had success with them though so it suggests that quality control isnt good. I now have a LionGuard from Winterfield safes and a Brattonsound and both are great.

Edited by Wingman

I agree Brattonsound are very good.

Personally I would avoid the el'cheapo's like the GDK I bought one and the hinges didnt work, I managed to fix it but the bottom lock jammed shortly after. Some have had success with them though so it suggests that quality control isnt good. I now have a LionGuard from Winterfield safes and a Brattonsound and both are great.

I have a GDK and its been fine. But you pays yer money yer takes yer chance.

Brattonsound for me as well the min one to go for I would say is the RL5+ it has an internal locking top box, its deep enough to hold scoped rifles if ever need or with shotguns you can store around 3 slabs of cartridges at the back of the safe and still have room for shotguns.

Agreed, i have one