The Waiting is Over

sandersj89

:good::good::good::lol::P:good::/:lol:

Just got home to find a piece of paper in the post from Sussex Police, my FAC has arrived.

Wording of the additional conditions are:

The (I) .22 rifle and sound moderator(II) .17HMR and sound moderator and ammunition shall be used for shooting (I) Vermin (II) Vermin & Fox and for zeroing on ranges or land deemed suitable by the Chief Police Officer for the area where the land is situated and over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

So I am very happy indeed this evening, original submission of the paperwork was 30th March with FEO visit on 7th April . I only chased the FEO office late last week asking if I could have it for this week.

Hats off to sussex police and now the hard bit comes, which calibre first and which rifle!

Very happy!

Jerry

very pleased for you nice feeling,but thats not a open ticket is it.?

mine says,zeroing on ranges,or land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

No, not open. The key I believe is the words. Land deemed suitable by the Chief Police Officer. i.e. I have to check the land is cleared with them before I shoot.

Jerry

Excellent news Jerry :good:

But the way i read that Jerry and comparing i to my own you don't have vermin for the .17hmr which isn't good :good:

It needs clarifying and is badly worded that, but I would take that as vermin on the .17

It might vary from force to force but I thought you needed a condition on there for expanding ammo, I certainly have one :-

"The certificate holder may possess, purchase or acquire expanding ammunition, or the missiles of such ammunition, in 17 calibres authorised by this certificate and use only in conjunction with the shooing of vermin"

I'd check you can zero on ranges as well, very useful that.

Excellent news Jerry :good:

But the way i read that Jerry and comparing i to my own you don't have vermin for the .17hmr which isn't good :good:

It needs clarifying and is badly worded that, but I would take that as vermin on the .17

It might vary from force to force but I thought you needed a condition on there for expanding ammo, I certainly have one :-

"The certificate holder may possess, purchase or acquire expanding ammunition, or the missiles of such ammunition, in 17 calibres authorised by this certificate and use only in conjunction with the shooing of vermin"

I'd check you can zero on ranges as well, very useful that.

Sorry, maybe I should have included the second condition:

The holder may possess, purchase or acquire expanding ammunition, or missiles of such ammunition, in calibres authorised by this certificate and use only in connection with shooting or vermin, or in connection with the management on any estate, other wildlife.

So as I read it I get fox on HMR, can use expanding ammo and am allowed to zero on a range.

HTH

Jerry