Bettinsoli - quality?

wildfowler.250

Fortune, those are pretty standard lead goose loads!

What 2-1/4 Oz of LEAD !!.

You quote >> those ARE pretty standard lead goose loads! Your quote not mine. It may be old news but non tox or steel has been mandatory for wildfowl for donks.

PS .In reply to op if you like the gun they seem to be Ok

Edited by fortune

Thanks for all the replies, really appreciate it!

So are the main problems a double discharge? And is this 'common' or just occasionally the odd gun will have it?

Has anyone missed going from a 3 shot semi - auto to the O/U? Thinking specifically more about the 3 1/2" xtrail.

Cheers!

Ps we'll skip the lead shot legalities for now :good:

Few of my mates have bought Over and under 31/2" guns due to cartridges being spit out and hard to pick up in the dark. They like them two of them swear by the Revo K200 duck blind, bit short for me. Other a Yildiz and another is looking at the Lincoln and Bettinsoli for next season.

I just wonder how well the actions can stand upto 42g steel loads or bigger lead loads being constantly put through them.

I prefer a semi auto for fowling loads.

Edited by figgy

Few of my mates have bought Over and under 31/2" guns due to cartridges being spit out and hard to pick up in the dark. They like them two of them swear by the Revo K200 duck blind, bit short for me. Other a Yildiz and another is looking at the Lincoln and Bettinsoli for next season.

I just wonder how well the actions can stand upto 42g steel loads or bigger lead loads being constantly put through them.

I prefer a semi auto for fowling loads.

Thanks for that! I'll have a look at the revo as well.

I do occasionally miss having a third shot, but it's not all that bad. It is advantageous to be able to swap duck loads to goose loads quickly with an O/U. Searching for your empties for reloading etc is obviously negated.

I now have 4 guns that I can choose from to suit my needs/ mood. It is nice to have a change of gun from time to time.

Fortune, I am fully aware of the law regarding non toxic shot usage.

I do occasionally miss having a third shot, but it's not all that bad. It is advantageous to be able to swap duck loads to goose loads quickly with an O/U. Searching for your empties for reloading etc is obviously negated.

I now have 4 guns that I can choose from to suit my needs/ mood. It is nice to have a change of gun from time to time.

Fortune, I am fully aware of the law regarding non toxic shot usage.

Cheers! I have the maxus which is easier to chop and change the shells about than most other autos but half tempted by an O/U.

tried the two gun thing when I was using a 10, just too much hassle for me,

Cheers for all the replies!

Motty with four guns why not take two, the Bettinsoli with duck loads loaded the semi auto loaded with goose loads just pick up whichever for whatever the qaurry coming in.

Hmm got me thinking now.

If you've got abit of a walk, you'll only do it once! Been there done that with a 10 s/s and a light 12 s/s