Vauxhall mokka warranty advice

markm

That definitely doesn't work ! It just gets the service advisors and the dealers backs up. You need these people to be on your side. If you threaten Vauxhall with "I'll hire a car and charge it to you" - they will laugh - seen it loads of times, if the car was in a dangerous condition through manufacture fault like the Zafira recall then yes. I would advise, speaking to the service manager, expressing your concerns, nobody works for free but I would agree to the diagnostic charge- but ask the service manager to try claim through the goodwill process Vauxhall have in place. Worst case scenario is Vauxhall will contribute 70% due to the age of the car if it is not covered under lifetime warranty but they may ask for service history

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That definitely doesn't work ! It just gets the service advisors and the dealers backs up. You need these people to be on your side. If you threaten Vauxhall with "I'll hire a car and charge it to you" - they will laugh - seen it loads of times, if the car was in a dangerous condition through manufacture fault like the Zafira recall then yes. I would advise, speaking to the service manager, expressing your concerns, nobody works for free but I would agree to the diagnostic charge- but ask the service manager to try claim through the goodwill process Vauxhall have in place. Worst case scenario is Vauxhall will contribute 70% due to the age of the car if it is not covered under lifetime warranty but they may ask for service history

These people are NOT on your side.

They have had your money, and they want more.

And, Ive seen it 'loads of times ' where they have taken money off, usually vulnerable people, for manufactures defects, that should be covered by warranty and recalls.

Ive been in the motor trade for 35 years, and I can tell you every trick in the book, and then some.

These people are NOT on your side.

They have had your money, and they want more.

And, Ive seen it 'loads of times ' where they have taken money off, usually vulnerable people, for manufactures defects, that should be covered by warranty and recalls.

Ive been in the motor trade for 35 years, and I can tell you every trick in the book, and then some.

I was a service advisor for Vauxhall for 8 years up until last November - My dealership was on the customers side, and can honestly say that we did everything from getting contributions to repairs by Vauxhall and even contributing as a dealership towards repairs, ripping customers off is illegal and dealerships have a lot to lose if found guilty of this - simply not worth it. Repeat business is what dealerships want, trust is what they want as customers come back. The old saying "once bitten"

Obviously they were cases that Vauxhall dug there heals in and not paid out- like cases where service history not upto date. All manufacturers specify that service history must be kept up to date. I have worked for Chrysler, Seat, Peugeot - by far Vauxhall customer service / warranty / goodwill is the better

Repeat business is what dealerships want, trust is what they want as customers come back. The old saying "once bitten"

You have just spelled out why,in this particular case, the dealership was wrong.

They have alienated a customer by making him fight for his warranty claim, ultimately charging him £300.

Would you shop there again ?

I told you they would pay 70%

So ,if that was the case all along, why try to get away with hitting the customer with 100% when they know full well they are liable ?

And, as some have said they were not, why then, are they paying 70%?

Your Vauxhall dealership may well have been a good one,but I can assure you they are not all the same.

We have two in Nottingham central, one is vastly superior to the other, the bad one attracts very bad reviews and has many,many dissatisfied customers in service and sales, behaviour exactly like the type experienced by the OP.

Good car dealers last, the ones that keep abusing customers dont, because people vote with their feet.

I've just had very good service from my local Vauxhall dealership, in trying to trace an intermittent noise which appeared to come from the front o/s wheel of my wife's Zafira (with lifetime warranty). All wheels removed, visually inspected, brake pads etc. checked and one back plate adjusted. No fault found - so no charge Sir, AND the noise appears to have stopped!

As Rewulf says I would go back to them as a result.

I've just had very good service from my local Vauxhall dealership, in trying to trace an intermittent noise which appeared to come from the front o/s wheel of my wife's Zafira (with lifetime warranty). All wheels removed, visually inspected, brake pads etc. checked and one back plate adjusted. No fault found - so no charge Sir, AND the noise appears to have stopped!

As Rewulf says I would go back to them as a result.

:good::good: