Time taken to process applications - BASC study

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is the ten year licence doing these day's , that would help a lot too easy I suppose .

They are making a mess out of 5yrs lol.They need to get the house in order before we even consider a 10yr licence.Too many error being made at present with SG/FAC holders being told that they haven't informed that the gun/guns have been sold on.However they have been informed but computers have not been updated at their end.This is happening across all authority areas and a 10yr licence would just make them more relaxed and even more complacent.

It seriously needs sorting out and that means a full restructure and get everything up to date. The downside is the fees need to increase massively.But I believe anyone who is serious about their sport would rather pay £500 every 10yrs than watch it falling apart as it's doing at the moment.I still have a sneaky feeling that it's purposely being ran into the ground(seen it in many Government departments) to a point where it's beyond repair.Maybe the Cheif Constable will then get what he wished for.

Edited by Davyo

Was pleasantly surprised to find my new tickets ( at new address ) on mat at lunchtime. Expired mid October and was given S7's dated to expire at the end of May! Later than they should have been but much earlier than I was informed they would be.

Everything present and correct with same ammo quotas, a S1 shotgun I purchased after letting tickets go ( had to ask for them back! ) AOLQ and no request for GP's letter or whatever!

Considering I was expecting the leaving of my partner of 31 years in early January to raise some questions, I'm well chuffed. Good to go again. Sorted. :good:

Was pleasantly surprised to find my new tickets ( at new address ) on mat at lunchtime. Expired mid October and was given S7's dated to expire at the end of May! Later than they should have been but much earlier than I was informed they would be.

Everything present and correct with same ammo quotas, a S1 shotgun I purchased after letting tickets go ( had to ask for them back! ) AOLQ and no request for GP's letter or whatever!

Considering I was expecting the leaving of my partner of 31 years in early January to raise some questions, I'm well chuffed. Good to go again. Sorted. :good:

Congrats Scully, glad to hear it's all gone well for you. :good: