Mink

ShootingEgg

Our local golf course have been made aware of mink sitings from the golfers. When i was at the Midland game fair last year i was told one organisation will supply traps for catching. Im unsure if this was BASC or GWCT.

Any one know which it maybe?

Cheers

Edited by ShootingEgg

I think BASC were organising a mink trapping scheme but only in a couple of priority areas, the somerset levels and possibly another in Wales ?

the GWCT have done the research in effective Mink trapping.

My local wildlife trust were loaning out traps as part of a 'water vole preservation scheme', or as they said face to face, mink eradication scheme. But that stopped a few years ago and the mInk have started to come back, because they did not quiet catch the lot on our river catchment.

Hate to see them trapped now, the way to persue Mink was with a pack of hounds and a couple of terriers, when we could.

Im on the edge of Somerset levels so might apply to me then.

Why do you hate to see them trapped? Purley Out of curiosity

lets just say I see them not as vermin but as a beast of the chase,

Enquire with your local BASC rep, they could well be able to help.

• 2 weeks later...

I live 50 yards from the Manchester Ship Canal , and there are no ducks , moorhens , just loads of Mink.

But, no one is interested in eradicating them.

Bottom off my garden is the Doncaster canal and seen a few round and about , last week end I found one in my chicken pen wrapped round a chicken mouth full off chicken head , stayed up most of the night as the chickens were going mad , but never came back I know it will

Bottom off my garden is the Doncaster canal and seen a few round and about , last week end I found one in my chicken pen wrapped round a chicken mouth full off chicken head , stayed up most of the night as the chickens were going mad , but never came back I know it will

Loads around Doncaster, river Don and the river went