Benelli M2 - Loose forend

watto69

Hi

I have a M2 that I purchased new in April 16, in under a year it's had several thousand shells through it.

I noticed some months ago that the forend was starting to develop side to side play, I contacted GMK who advised me that this was normal!

That was back in November, and now the movement has cause two lines of wear to develop along the polymer coating of the barell. This will surely eventually allow rust to develop.

I have contacted GMK again and I'm awaiting there response, just wondered if any other members have a similar problem.

Had my Benelli MK2 about 5 years and it has had quite a few shell through it and it does not have any play what so ever.

I think they are trying to just fob you off because they cannot be bothered ..keep at them..

If it is causing damage i would want it replacing under warranty

Edited by hawkeye

I have had Benelli M2 26" barrel in Camo for about 5 years and mine shows no play or slackness at all. I have also put several thousand shells through it as I pigeon shoot and clay shoot.I think GMK are wrong just a cop out.Just make sure the fore end nut is kept tight.

Right checked mine this morning as mines a recent gun less than a year old and no olay forward or backward but side to side it moves about a mil or so each way and will twist round the mag tube a bit more that than it moves laterally. I'll just put a bit of foam tape or soft rubber drawer bump stops inside the forend to stop any play or barrel wear.

Sounds like a worn mould or bad machining tolerances.

Look forward to your reply from GMK as they may get a few inquiries.

Had a read on Duck Hunting Chat in USA and it's a well known issue that's not an issue. A dealer spoke to Benelli about it and it's apparently to allow for extremes in temperature when using the gun to allow for expansion and contraction without cracking or stressing the forend plastic. Some have made diy solutions to the play.

As I said I'll put a bit of soft silicone rubber on and this will cushion it and still allow expansion.

Edited by figgy

Wonder how it goes for the same gun sold a year or more ago. If no change to manufacture or parts all should have 10 year warranty.

Bet it's only ten year on the action like Berettas the rest of it will only be three years or something.

Edited by figgy

Mine is almost 11 months old, hence why I've reported the problem for a second time. I don't want GMK claiming that after 1 year I'm out of warranty.

Just got in from doing 75 clays, stripped the forend off to give the barrel a wipe and the wear marks are clearly evident.

Still no response from GMK.

Sounds like a worn mould or bad machining tolerances.

Look forward to your reply from GMK as they may get a few inquiries.

Had a read on Duck Hunting Chat in USA and it's a well known issue that's not an issue. A dealer spoke to Benelli about it and it's apparently to allow for extremes in temperature when using the gun to allow for expansion and contraction without cracking or stressing the forend plastic. Some have made diy solutions to the play.

As I said I'll put a bit of soft silicone rubber on and this will cushion it and still allow expansion.

So now we know that Benelli say it's not an issue and is the norm.

GMK have already contacted "watto69" with the same response.

Let's not forget our contract of sale is with the person we buy from, that's who we should contact. If You bought a Samsung tv from Currys You wouldn't contact Samsung.

Paolo, I agree with comments, however it is GMK with whom I registered the warranty with and not my dealer. And when my son had a problem with his Samsung mobile, the dealer sent him straight to Samsung to deal with repairs.

Any way - moving on, I have received a reply from GMK..... "They are looking into it"

I'll keep you posted.