Trailcam false triggering

30-6

I have 2 aldi trailcam that I set to see what is about. I only have the center sensor switched on, and have had some great pictures with them, day and night.

I have had some false triggers through vegetation and now use a garden shears to clear surrounding area.

I just viewed my latest stake outs and had some false triggers, some with clear pictures some with whiteout from the flash as they were only set for 10 pm to 4 am.

Could this be insects ?

TOP TIP - If there is no post, tree etc to fasten camera to, get yourself a weeder tool from the discount shops, about £4. They have a T shaped handle with a 4 pronged end and can be situated anywhere when kicked in to ground. I just fashioned a bracket to hold camera onto the shaft.

Can I ask then even though there only Aldi cameras you sound happy with them i take it, I am planning on getting one next time there in stock

Cheers Mice!

I've never heard a bad word said about them. If you search around the forum you may well find some photos taken by them, pretty sure some have been posted.

Yeah, thought that, have some really close sheep on one that was in a stock field, perhaps some snook in from the side, but it is like the flash going off facing a mirror.

On the other one, perfect picture, no stock, but nothing on the picture.

Some times happens I have a bushnell one, if subject is close you can get white flash back. as a blank picture if something moves past the screen quickly it can happen, some times get tail feathers of pheasants or tail of a fox.

If it's on a fence line angle it slightly to point along the run, gives a longer view area.