AA400 moderator

ips

Industry standard really is the HW silencer. VERY quiet, lightweight, not too long. The only downside is that it is a little more susceptible to scratches.

http://www.airriflereviews.co.uk/accessories/suppressors

have a look on there. I've reviewed a fair few of the ones on that website, so it'd save me having to go through all of them!

Click your fingers. That's more than the noise I get from my HW110 with the HW silencer on it - and that's at the gun. Down range, the pellet whizzing through the air or hitting the target would make much more noise than anything that can be heard from the gun. it depends on how quiet your gun is, but I'd never shoot without one

I use the Air Arms jobby on both my S410's - nothing that I have shot has ever complained. I also shoot in very public places where it is not uncommon to be within 20 yards of people but nobody has ever reacted to the sound of the gun - the S410 classic is relatively quiet although the carbine is a tad louder.

Deffo on the carbine but depends what type of hunting you do with the classic, decoying pigeons then not really but Bunny hunting yes. I did once "not hear" one fitted with the HW silencer - well impressive but I could not justify the cost when the AA mod does an adequate job.

Result

Called in local dealer this morning to get rifle filled as yesterday my tank went in for re-test. Whilst there I enquired about mods and was presented with a used but still boxed and unmarked AA, £32 .

Unfortunately the extra length meant my rifle no longer fitted my slip, I was presented with an unmarked (presumably used but looks new so may well be) slip in exchange for my now redundant as too short one FOC.

So new mod, new slip and charged rifle for £32 👍

Now that is service....

Ps

Its now whisper quiet